Good Movie Suggestions

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who like guns...

All three of the John Wick movies showcase Keanu Reeves showing off perfect form with firearms. His weapon handling skills, including safety, are impeccable. To train for the role they made him shoot 3 gun competition, and he became good enough to be a national level competitor. Halle Berry is in the sequel and she had to take 3 gun training too. There are videos of them on YouTube shooting on a course.

The movies are extremely violent though, so if you're not into that, you might want to skip them...
But.....that cute little beagle...... If that doesn't make me root for the good guy (to get revenge), then nothing would. I didn't know that about their firearm training. Interesting.

Last edited:
The movie Seven kept me up all night. Creeped me out.
It was pretty creepy. The movie that creeped me out the most was one I saw when I was in college, "The Last House on the Left." I had liked scary stuff like Alfred Hitchcock and The Twilight Zone when I was a teenager. I decided after seeing Last House that I would give up scary movies. I did see The Exorcist after that when I was still in college at a theater on The Plaza in Kansas City. Many people were terrified of that movie as well, but it didn't scare me.

Spike, I can't believe you said "Seven." I've seen nowhere near as many movies as most, but if I could "un-see" any movie, it would be that one.
A good light-hearted one is "Support Your Local Sheriff."
Good to know. I will avoid Seven.....being creeped out is not for me. I will check out Support Your Local Sheriff......never heard of it before now.

Jim - I saw Jeepers Creepers 1. Ick!!! It was on TBS so I saw the TV version of it, and it was still......ick! LOL

I watched Tucker and Dale verses Evil and laughed my butt off! It is a scary, spoof type of movie that was so funny. I also watched Stan Against Evil when it was on TV and thought that was funny too. I wish it was still on.

Last edited:
Not exactly a movie, but one of the best series I ever watched. And, I have watched it at least 4 or 5 times.
Band of Brothers
1615681209936.png

This isn't a movie but it is very funny! Only watch first 3 episodes, it get agenderized after that.

I think that all but 2 of the John Wayne movies could fill up a wasted afternoon without regret. Wife loves the Sound of Music, she has worn out 4 copies. The Happiest Millionaire is a pleasant silly Fred McMurry movie that the wife likes.

We have watched older movies for past 20 years or more. its hard to find something they throw up today. My son mentioned 2 Guns, it was terrible ,violent and shady. But it did have a point about the CIA. Funny how Hollyhoods always tell us what they are doing or about to do,like 911. They must get a sick humor from it.

We generally like 80's or newer. If it's black and white, it's a no go. And, if I have to read lines.....fogettaboutit

Last week I watched 'My Octopus Teacher'. It's a documentary about a guy who befriends an octopus and records his journey with it. I thought it was fascinating! I love underwater type movies anyways, so this was right up my alley.

A true story,.We haven't watched many movies in past couple decades that were new,some good ones but this one was a great movie,it can happen to anyone in the court systems today most DAs are poliyicians[not being ployical,just saying].

We just watched it and now will watch The Wynns for cool down non serious.

I have seen a lot of movies (including Seven) and none of them has ever had that effect upon me.

I am abnormally resistant to being creeped out.
It won't creep me out either,cause I won't watch it if its violent or scary.:ghostly:I like true stories and family movies mostly.

Brain Banks was a good movie about the justice systems in the courts. A true story.

Not a comedy but...

Run Hide Fight

I also like Fred & Ginger - "Follow that Fleet" was a fun one. In one part the sleeve of her beaded gown about knocked him out. He was rummy and they did 2 or 3 more takes of the entire dance. Turned out, you couldn't see it in the first take so the extra takes were for nothing but he was spent.
(Sorry, it's a black and white)

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back