Good things happening (positivity thread)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see American sign language for me involves the use of one finger..but I can use both hands to convey the meanings.....And yes it is a good mornin.....There is a sayin....After the age of 60 when you wake up and nothing hurts it is a good sign that you died during the nite.

Proud parent moment:

So at our children's elementary school they give out a good citizenship award each year. They define the award as going to students who demonstrates integrity, dependability, caring, leadership and patriotism. Sometimes as few as 1 student receives this award and sometimes as many as 5 have received it at the same time. Those numbers are per grade level not per school. Last Friday they gave the award to both of my elementary age children (youngest daughter and youngest son) and two other students. As I could not attend my wife was there to hand the award to each of our kids and then take a picture with them. After the program the principal told my wife that she did a little investigating and discovered that every single child that we sent through that elementary school won the same award, and that she was thoroughly impressed. While we do not believe the successes (or the failures) of our children are credited to us (they have free will), we were pretty proud of our little ones.

Proud parent moment:... citizenship award each year. ...principal told my wife that she did a little investigating and discovered that every single child that we sent through that elementary school won the same award, and that she was thoroughly impressed. ...
Your children have excellent caring adult parents as role models!

Your children have excellent caring adult parents as role models!

Thank you. As I have said before; it does not take much to be a positive influence in the lives of your children but it does take something. If only some of my children's classmates had parents who would set aside their own wants and desires long enough to give some time and energy to the little humans they created.

Good job to you and your wife Sentry.
:green man:Salute.

Thanks, but it's all on them for being good kids. Although I may be the one who pushed the patriotism part on them. ;)

I know a few very good parents, the kind who you hope you will be, who's kids turned out to be pieces of ****. You can lay the ground work but kids cut their own path in the jungle.

Proud parent moment:

So at our children's elementary school they give out a good citizenship award each year. They define the award as going to students who demonstrates integrity, dependability, caring, leadership and patriotism. Sometimes as few as 1 student receives this award and sometimes as many as 5 have received it at the same time. Those numbers are per grade level not per school. Last Friday they gave the award to both of my elementary age children (youngest daughter and youngest son) and two other students. As I could not attend my wife was there to hand the award to each of our kids and then take a picture with them. After the program the principal told my wife that she did a little investigating and discovered that every single child that we sent through that elementary school won the same award, and that she was thoroughly impressed. While we do not believe the successes (or the failures) of our children are credited to us (they have free will), we were pretty proud of our little ones.

Today, in honor of International Women's Day, my daughter was one of 25 women in her industry honored for "Women in the Lead." There is an online article about the 25 women, each with the same interview questions, photo, and company info.

congrats-3-animated.gif

Today, in honor of International Women's Day, my daughter was one of 25 women in her industry honored for "Women in the Lead." There is an online article about the 25 women, each with the same interview questions, photo, and company info.

Awesome!

My little dancer, who just turned 10 years old, attended a dance competition today with over 24 dance troupes participating. They came in 3rd place for Ballet and 4th for tap/jazz. She was pretty excited as this is the 3rd year in a row where she competed and the 3rd year in a row her ballet troupe finished in the top 3. She considers herself to be a ballerina first and foremost but she also danced with the cheer squad this year just to see if she liked it, they came in 6th place.

My wife's birthday was last week, and she was pretty clear that she did not want to send me flowers to her at work as her peers and subordinates do not know when her birthday is (and they used to go overboard when they did). So this morning I sent her a large bouquet with a card that read "Happy Rosh Hashanah my Shikse!". She sent me a picture and an eye rolling smiley. But she loved it.

IMG_1129_302.jpg

There has got to be a thread around here somewhere about good news and nice people.
Today when leaving a store, a younger guy in front of me, all wooly with a long beard and hair (no objection here) was pausing for longer than usual I thought before crossing the street.
I said, "Oh, not playing in the traffic today?" as we went across the street together. He seemed surprised I spoke and said he had to work, had bills to pay. I said well there's that.
He turned to me and said, "But if there had been something coming, I'd have taken the hit for you."
That's just one reason right there why I love living in Texas so much.
I said, wow, and thank you.

Moved into the thread you were looking for!

Glad to hear some positive news.

Sure is .Actually its past time to hear some good news. So lets hear it.
Good newsis many people have been freed from their isolation and seems like things are basically coming along fine.
Rabbit didn't gey my squash last night after we put a cage around it.
Kids are all well 'Thank God'.

Moved into the thread you were looking for!

Glad to hear some positive news.
Thank you, @Sentry18 ! I knew it was here somewhere. This place isn't all doom and gloom elsewise it would have not been here, going on what, 3 years? 4? I don't know.
Please, keep posting good news.
My favorite is hearing what others have done for any of you. Or if you saw someone doing something kind for someone else.
It is great to get out of yourself and do for others, but I like to hear what others are doing for you or the good being done for people you know.

Son just came running in to tell us that he killed one of the gophers that has been taking down all the oregano planted under the plum tree. He used the hose splitter, and had three going down three holes, It came out of one of the holes, dazed, and then he beat it with a stick. He stuck it dead, in the other gopher's hole as a grim warning. Ha. He was happy.

Couple of good news things here today is -

- Firstly pubs, clubs and restaurants are able to open with up to 10 patrons as of tomorrow so we are going to meet with some friends tomorrow afternoon at the RSL club.

- Secondly we volunteered to deep clean the inside of the RSL club for opening tomorrow. We had arranged to do it with two friends but they had gone firewood cutting and were exhausted and couldn't make it so it was DH and I with the President setting up displays of RSL merchandise to sell before the lockdown. As it is a not for profit organisation we like to help where we can.

We started off wiping all surfaces over with soapy water and then followed it up with a good wipe over of disinfectant solution. This included chairs, tables, pool table, pool cues, doors, door handles, cupboard handles and fridge handles, toilets and the bar area. We then mopped the floors twice once with soapy water and once with a disinfectant solution. All the glass doors and display counters were also cleaned with methylated spirits as were the metal chairs. It took us 4 hours in total to finish it but it sparkles and smells pine fresh ready for our opening tomorrow afternoon.

While this is normally outside of policy; this morning a pretty little 10 year old girl walked into our lobby with her uncle, a box of donuts, and a homemade thank you card. A couple of our officers had rescued her mom (who is on the hospital) from a burning vehicle after a traffic accident and she wanted to show her appreciation. They got her out about 30 seconds before the vehicle was engulfed in flames. The little girl told me she wanted to make us some cookies but she only knew how to make them with her mom, so her uncle bought us donuts instead, but she would be back with cookies when her mom was better.

(As told by youngest adult daughter) last evening as the storms were rolling in (one from the east, one from the north), she was at the local park by a lake. Those who had been grilling packed up quickly before making sure their coals were out. Wind was whipping things up and embers started flying. She and two strangers made quick eye contact and worked on finding containers in the trash cans and getting water from the lake to douse these potential wildfires.

Latest posts

Back