Goody Package

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My Fluke 117 came on monday. My set of leads and case came today. All in about $225. This is all the meter I need around the house and farm. That said I would still carry it to earn a living. It's a good meter.

Meter 1_v1.jpg
Meter 2_v1.jpg

Oooh, that's nice! That's on my to-buy list for sure. Life's too short to use cheap meters.

Fluke makes very nice equipment, I have a couple. In use, most of my needs can be satisfied with a 3.99/free with coupon Harbor Freight meter. Is this a live circuit? Do I have continuity? Is this battery charged? Needs differ :)

Last edited:
I have 2 fluke 87s for most of my work. Also have a older flike bench model. Got all of them at hamfest for nearly nothing. Use them regularly.
We use a lot of fluke meters at work. I just got in an order for a fluke 289, 2 709s, and a 773 clamp meter. They are all newer models and do more stuff than i can think of. But they cover a lot of needs for guys in my shop.

Last edited:
Nice meter.
I was cleaning my shop today and found a new set of Fluke meter leads that I didn't even remember having.
I got a Chinese Fluke meter. It was a real Fluke just marketed in China.
I think it was a model 77 and I paid nothing for it. I traded an old pulse oximeter to the calibration guy for it. I left it for the guy that replaced me at the hospital.
I have 2 nice Fluke multimeters so I didn't need a 3rd.

Any of my techy friends ever hear of a multimeter made by “Beckman”?

I know they were made in the US, my best guess… sometime in the 80’s.

Sometime around 1990 a company I worked for took over a CT service contract at a hospital. In the maintenance cabinet I found a Beckman multimeter some field engineer had left behind.
There was no manual for it… I’d never seen one. It took me a couple of years to figure out how to use it.

This meter was clumsy and awkward to use, but it was more versatile than any meter I ever used until the fluke 87’s around 2005.

Sort of like the difference between VHS and Beta Tapes. Beta was superior but no one knew anything about it.

So it was with Beckman multimeters, 15 years before their time, outstanding technology but no one knew about them.

I still have the meter I found, don’t know where it’s at…

I found this on Ebay… it looks like the meter I have.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338413729&icep_item=202511010690

We used a couple of Beckmans where i used to work. They would do a lot more than we required. But they just never seemed very user friendly to me.
Seems to me i recall seeing a Beckman handheld in the electrical department at Lowes or home depot a few years ago while browsing around. IIRC it looked like some cheap chinese junk.

Latest posts

Back