Got my deer mount back.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelhunter

Tree rat eradicater
Neighbor
Buckwild Taxidermy did an excellent job,can't thank him enough. It makes my Kentucky 8 pointer look like a fawn. He makes me in aw every time I look up at him,just can't get over how big he is. He net scored 168 3/8.

tdIYJCd.jpg

9JEOtin.jpg

PapFJNr.jpg

NICE! I always wanted to have a head mount like that and have the rest mounted and slid up against that side of the house.
That would be really cool.:D
There's an auto body shop over in Muncie that has that back half of a car mounted up against the side of the building. :D

Very nice mount squirrel!

I do believe your profile name is a false statement....or your squirrels really look different in your part of the country than they do here, if that is the case your big game must require a bazooka! LOL

All jokes aside, very nice mount you have there!

I can kill stuff if I have to.
I don't give a second thought to dispatching rattlers.
A fish or a chicken for the pot I can do, but after turning out its lights, and handling the guts, it needs to reside in the fridge for a short while before I can pretend it's just food, and not something that had to die because I said so.

If I was starving and broke, I could kill and eat just about anything, if I had to.

If a person calls hunting a deer with a rifle that can shoot 1000 yds, and peg a fly with accuracy a sport, I have a hard time buying it.
Now, jumping out of a tree, tackling it to the ground and facing possible death, I might consider sport.
Even though they aren't real, there is no way I could look something in the eyes everyday that I murdered.
Yeah, I'm a wus like that, take my man card if necessary.

Even though almost every dinner I eat had a face, I just don't want to see it.

Beautiful.....but they do begin to go with age....I notice ours is starting to split some..also on the bobcat, the fur is beginning to peel off after all these years
You can always get them redone. He does that,he re-capes them and touches them up if you want to.

Last edited:
...If a person calls hunting a deer with a rifle that can shoot 1000 yds, and peg a fly with accuracy a sport...

Some cowpokes have a mistaken belief that slapping a scope on a rifle, chamber a round, ignore the elevation, distance and wind direction because the Shooter is now a instant sniper. Meanwhile the deer just stands there bored waiting for the shot to be taken.

Some cowpokes have a mistaken belief that slapping a scope on a rifle, chamber a round, ignore the elevation, distance and wind direction because the Shooter is now a instant sniper. Meanwhile the deer just stands there bored waiting for the shot to be taken.
The same thing I was thinking but didn't say anything. I doubt I could hit 1 at 200 yards ;D . Shoot I missed him and the doe he was with both before I connected with him and they were only at about 90 yards. In a woods behind trees and only seeing their necks is not a chip shot for sure,at least not for me.

Latest posts

Back