Gout.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
How the hell does it set in in just an hour? I ate a ham biscuit and took a nap, and when I got up, my foot and ankle were killing me! this looks to be a bad one, I started hitting my "cure" yesterday!

Ol doc put me on something that is supposed to help. My problem is I like tomatoes and they are very acidic or somthing or other and can cause the crystals to form. I get it often in my left big toe joint..

Anything with cherries works for me. I keep dried cherries in the house. I used to keep cherry juice concentrate. Fresh cherries in season. Cherry pie works in a pinch as do chocolate covered cherries. I learned this from Bubba, Forrest Gump's friend.

I used to keep a bottle of Montmorency Cherry Juice Concentrate in the fridge when I had problems.
Since my kidney transplant, I haven't had a major flare. I've had a couple minor itchy, burning in the joint episodes, but those cleared up with more hydration.

I've also cut way back on things that would cause a flare like fatty meats and processed meats.

I have heard that is the most common place to have gout.
Yeah, and does it ever hurt. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I have had it last 7 to 10 days before.

It used to happen when I was driving and that is my clutch foot, lol.

I was at the doctor between bouts. She kept wiggling my big toe back and forth. I kept telling her that I was between bouts. " Well, what would it be like if you were having a flareup and I was doing this," as she jerked my toe back and forth. "I'd be being you severely about the head and shoulders!" She stopped, blinked a couple of times "Thats gout."

Mine has eased off, I think dehydration brought it on, my new meds tend to do that, I just wasn't paying attention to my water intake. time to invest in some distilled water and clean out my water bottle.

Here it is a week later, I can walk, but I don't want to. its hanging on like that weird girl I met at that party where I didn't know anybody. you might have met her? almost fat, almost pretty, talks in one word answers and won't go away, have a drink or talk. when she went to the bathroom, I went out the door!

Here it is a week later, I can walk, but I don't want to. its hanging on like that weird girl I met at that party where I didn't know anybody. you might have met her? almost fat, almost pretty, talks in one word answers and won't go away, have a drink or talk. when she went to the bathroom, I went out the door!
When I read what you had for dinner (beans, ham, cornbread), I thought, uh oh, his gout will flare up!!

Latest posts

Back