GPS

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I saw that this story was on today about GPS. I am currently watching the story, but realize that much of our life is monitored and run by GPS. I did not realize that the Air Force is over the program.

There is at least one error in the story. Peterson Air Force base is not in Denver, but in Colorado Springs. Evidently Colorado Springs has some really key command centers, more than I realized.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/global-positioning-system-preparing-the-next-generation-of-gps/

I turn off the GPS and "location services" on every device I have, but I doubt it really turns off.
I think you are correct. I always have an image of someone being chased or hunted, while their smart phone or other devices are sending information about their location. The only ways to be truly turned off is to not have a television, phone, computer or other electronic devices.

The GPS function is always on. You turn off the display but not the receiver. No matter what device it is in you can be tracked.
The two ways to limit exposure is to use throw away devices and change your electronic signature.
Not having one is doable but too inconvenient for most people. Most portable computing devices are equipped by default as are phones.
You can make a portable computer using the Raspberry and some add-ons to make it functional but as soon as you connect to a wi-fi you are automatically tracked.

I try to find the bright side in everything.
Just like the millennials, I hope the govt gets addicted to all of the 'smart data' out there.
Every vehicle with onstar (or phone), every smart device, can be tracked.
If cops are mislead into thinking I'm a BG, they will find they have nothing, zip, nada when this guy gets into his 2003 pickup with his flip-phone.
Byte me!!! :pickup:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back