Greenhouse

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Our greenhouse is almost done!

Attachments

• 0514201725a.jpg
    0514201725a.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20200514-222949~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200514-222949~2.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20200514-223037~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200514-223037~2.jpg
    983.9 KB · Views: 17
I want to grow citrus trees in a greenhouse, as well as summer annuals all winter. It is estimated to cost to about $20,000.00, which includes $75.00 to $100. 00 per hour for the backhoe work. It maybe cheaper to buy the tractor & do it myself. I will need a hoop house first to extend the growing season. This the greenhouse I would love to own:

This is one without the forest of overgrowth.

Terri9630, I had a small one for seeds starters. But nothing as big as yours Greenhouse, in the photos.

This is one without the forest of overgrowth.

Terri9630, I had a small one for seeds starters. But nothing as big as yours Greenhouse, in the photos.

Thats neat Joel and of course so is the hoop house but that is too complecated fro me now a days.

I love it! That is so awesome, Terri! Will you do most of your gardening in the greenhouse or will you have some raised beds as well?

We are going to have potatoes and corn outside the greenhouse this year. We plan on adding another greenhouse next year for some citrus trees and a larger outdoor garden.

Right, I going to get a hoop house next, I did get a quote on the lemon green house. But I have a wedding to pay for this Fall, so the big projects will have to wait few years. I still can dream, I like the ideal that one can raise citrus for 26 years in 20F winters. Tomatoes & corn too.

Off and on 'mostly off ' been getting grenhouse ready for fall and winter. I have been doing soem work on it but not much,now time to get back to finishing it.
Mayto set back up hydroponics if I can find the fertilizer. It is chrmical based which we don't like to use but its too hot to try to use natural like fish aka Aquaponics here. Tried that and it was a mess because of heat.

There are 6 tomato plants and 10 onions here in this growing bin from Lowes, it is self watering. On the side are more tomato plants in pots and in the background are the hydroponic growing system with tomato plants in it.
Sam

Attachments

• cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 12
More tomato plants along with cantaloupe growing up the supports for the roof.
Sam

Attachments

• tomatoes.jpg
    tomatoes.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 11
This is my Solexx roof that I have for the greenhouse. I have light from the time that the sun rises to sets and there is no hot spots of light unlike that of a glass roof. The light just spreads out all over and is soft light.
Sam

Attachments

• ceiling.jpg
    ceiling.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 11
This is my Solexx roof that I have for the greenhouse. I have light from the time that the sun rises to sets and there is no hot spots of light unlike that of a glass roof. The light just spreads out all over and is soft light.
Sam

Very nice Sam, good looking plants too.

Got the greenhouse poly cover today! :thumbs: :woo hoo:.
We ordred it several days before Christmas and UPS lost it bles their hearts they are so busy.
I called Farm Plastic Supply Christmas Eve and they sent another one that day. Very nice people to work with. Everyone is so busy now and stressed. I sent them a email and thanked them. We ordered the 25/50' roll of 4mil clear.I really like the clear and it is just what we wanted!
The shipping was steep but plastic prising made up for it considering it is 'greenhouse' poly. Well worth itAnd no no benefit from them for my compliments.just for yalls info in case you need a good source. .

Farm Plastic Supply: Greenhouse Plastic Sheeting, Covers & Film

Greenhouse plastic for horticulture, and films for silage covering and storage.

Farm Plastic Supply, Inc. specializes in engineered plastic

Farm Plastic Supply, Inc. specializes in engineered plastic film, sheeting for growers, and plastic greenhouse covers. We are the people and place for your greenhouse film, greenhouse blackout covers, and greenhouse plastic sheeting. We have a large variety of engineered plastic sheeting rolls for green house applications for all types of plant growers. Our main line products are our 4-year UV protected clear film, our black/white light deprivation covers, translucent white plastic sheeting rolls, and 1 year nursery films. We stock our products and also cut our greenhouse plastic sheeting to length to bring you a top quality product at a great price with minimal waste.

4 Year Clear

Lig

Latest posts

Back