Greeting new members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommycourt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I must admit I have been very re-miss lately on greeting our new members. Besides being a little ill lately, and that is not an excuse, I just haven't been keeping up on my greetings. I really think that this is an important subject. We want and accept new members so we should extend the courtesy that we all received when we joined. I go to my car club meetings and one of our rules is to have a new member or visiting member stand and introduce themselves and give a little background. We have people joining who may have a lot of valuable information they can share and sometimes we just don't give them the respect they deserve. I am going to try to be more vigilant in our new members, like we all used to be back in the old days and give them, guys and gals the "Welcome to our forum" that they truly deserve. Now this is MHO only!!!

Tommy

you have a very good point Tommy, I am bad for not greeting new members too, like really bad, I do try to like peoples intro post though

Thank you Tommy,
Your point('s) are good .

I too believe its very important and very courteous of us to properly welcome every new member to the community,

Like you said.... they very well, may be able to enlighten us with valuable info...or just make us laugh out loud,:thumbs up:

Your second point is also a valid one, about new members introducing themselves to us properly , with just a tid bit , (or a bunch) of background.

It gives us all a good idea of what liberties we can take with each other, and just how to best interact .

Thanks Tommy for the post.

Jim

Back