Greetings from Arkansas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So I'm kinda new to homesteading. My name is Melissa but people call me Mel. I actually got into this through gardening. I don't have any animals other than my pet betta due to my dad being in bad health. And at this point I can't go off grid (I live in a small town, in city limits and have limited space and funds) and I'm sitting here watching some homesteaders on YouTube and I'm hearing them talk about using animals for compost, weed and pest control, manure, organic gardening...I get it. It's not something I can do all at once but maybe a little at a time. Maybe you could say I have a homesteaders heart.

Hello Mel, welcome to the site, lots of good friendly knowledge here, you have to start somewhere, a garden is a great place to do that,

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us. The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. Do what you can, build on that, and let it grow.

Welcome aboard, I love the concept of a "homesteader's heart"!
I like the term.

I was happy living on the edge... between suburban an agricultural. Fat and happy I was. But then... the developer purchased the opposite side of the valley. 80 units to 800 units in the blink of an eye (well 2.5 years from the time they started harvesting trees).

Ben

Welcome from Alaska!

Welcome from Oregon. My dream started by watching YouTube videos. You can learn a lot from other people's mistakes. We purchased 14 acres we couldn't really afford. Lived off grid for 4 years while we saved and worked on infrastructure. Best of all we didn't make any costly mistakes. Good luck on your journey.

Latest posts

Back