Greetings

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchboy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hello everyone,

Just got an invite from a couple of buddies on another forum, so I'm a newbie on here. For those of you who don't know me, I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer, having served 28 years with the same agency and having obtained the lonely rank of "Chief of Police". In addition to my LE career, I served as an Officer in the USCG. I also did a few years with DHS (post retirement) when I decided to give it all up and enjoy my retirement.

My son & I live in the ( not so friendly) gun State of New Jersey in a rural area known as the "Pine Barrens", which is a protected area in the Delaware Valley of over a million + acres of forest & wilderness. Firearms of course are a hobby of mine & I try and shoot at least once every week. I consider myself very fortunate in that I'm one of the few who can carry in this not so friendly gun state. It's next to impossible to get a carry permit in this state, unless you're a Cop or know someone in high places! My saving grace of course is being a retired Cop!

Having said all that, thanks for having me & I'm glad to be aboard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Dutchboy, your service is greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the welcome folks. I feel so much better now because I'm with a "fellow porker" (Mr. Mark). Now I really feel at home!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome I'm glad you made it over here,now if I can get Pancho_villa over here too,I've tried and tried. Like I said in the PM about all of the mods and a lot of the regulars are already over here,they've had it with all the BS the head guys are giving all the mods. Now to keep trying to get Four4D4 over here,he don't check his PMs I guess. I'm blocked on that forum now,anybody know how to get ahold of him??

I forgot to note that I'm usually the dumb one on these forums, so I'll ask. How do you delete posts? I posted something and want to delete it but can't seem to find a way to do that!

Welcome I'm glad you made it over here,now if I can get Pancho_villa over here too,I've tried and tried. Like I said in the PM about all of the mods and a lot of the regulars are already over here,they've had it with all the BS the head guys are giving all the mods. Now to keep trying to get Four4D4 over here,he don't check his PMs I guess. I'm blocked on that forum now,anybody know how to get ahold of him??
I'll try and reach out to Pancho and get him over here.

I forgot to note that I'm usually the dumb one on these forums, so I'll ask. How do you delete posts? I posted something and want to delete it but can't seem to find a way to do that!
There's a button to the left on the bottom of your posts where you can edit,delete or report.

Hey Dutch,
glad that you found your way over...

Take a ride around the forum...I think you will be pleased.:lil guy:

Good to have you my friend.

Jim

Welcome to the forum!

My Main Man from the NJ east of me...

Welcome Dutch !!

Hi Dutch and welcome aboard. Thank you for your years of serving and protecting all of us. You live in a gun tough state but it sounds like things will go well for you. I know you are certainly welcome here by all. Jump in and don't worry about a thing. There are many on here who will willingly share info and enjoy any stories you may want to share. Good luck and again-welcome.

Tommy from the land of the sizzling sun.................yep...........Az.

Latest posts

Back