Growing Tea

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone!
This may not be a common thing, but has anyone grown tea? I know it's possible in theory, but I'm not sure if it's feasible at all.
Yes if you consider mint plants for tea. My mother and sister grow chocolate mint tea leafs. It makes a nice tasting drink I think. It also is real easy to grow here in WI.

You can buy tea plants and grow your own tea. I just saw a video about the processing of tea. The same plant can give you green tea, black tea, mancha (sp?). It is about how you process it.
I am working on growing herbs for three purposes: culinary, teas and medicinals.

The herbs that I have now specifically for teas: spearmint, peppermint, lemon balm, bee balm, catnip. I have grown mint for a few years and have used it for mint teas. I have tried to grow chamomile several times, including this year, to no avail. Rose hips are good in tea. (My rose bushes have not done well in the last couple years, and I think they are going to be dug up and either replanted elsewhere or disposed of.)

Latest posts

Back