Guatemala takes big volcano hit, too ..99 dead, 200 missing, town buried.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Guatemala got nailed, too.....https://news.sky.com/story/volcano-...nyone-alive-practically-non-existent-11397048

EXCERPT: "Time is running out for emergency services trying to find survivors from the volcanic eruption in Guatemala, with 99 people confirmed dead and nearly 200 still missing.

On Wednesday, more bodies were recovered from what remained of villages devastated by the Volcano of Fire.

Thousands of people displaced by disaster have been forced to move into shelters, and many of them have loved ones who have died or are unaccounted for.

Firefighters say the chance of finding anyone alive is practically non-existent 72 hours after Sunday's volcanic explosion."

@Flight : Good Post Flight (really hate to praise the Snowman but what the heck). Did anybody else notice the ash cloud really liked to follow the path of least resistance? Low ground, cleared area between tree growths and down roads.

@Flight : Good Post Flight (really hate to praise the Snowman but what the heck). Did anybody else notice the ash cloud really liked to follow the path of least resistance? Low ground, cleared area between tree growths and down roads.
Pyroclastic flows are even more dangerous than lava. The lava flows rather slowly while the pyroclastic flows are an avalanche of hot ash, often with water from melted snow, and move very rapidly. If you saw the videos the vehicle were overtaken by a choking cloud of ash. The surprise to me is that anyone made it out to post the video.

Pyroclastic flows are even more dangerous than lava. The lava flows rather slowly while the pyroclastic flows are an avalanche of hot ash, often with water from melted snow, and move very rapidly. If you saw the videos the vehicle were overtaken by a choking cloud of ash. The surprise to me is that anyone made it out to post the video.

I have to agree. Those folks looking at and pointing at the cloud are dead folks walking. When I saw the first video on the news, that was the first thought that came to my mind, get gone, stop watching and get indoors and seal you house , do something. Sheeple being sheeple.

Latest posts

Back