Guess where I was

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
I have severe Copd and had a slight set back. spent a couple days getting a steroid drip

20200207_115718.jpg

When I left they gave me some parting gifts....I gave them to the trash can...except the tissues.

20200207_103119.jpg

I was SOOOOOOO Bored. Nothing on the TV worth watching and the sink was dripping, dripping. dripping
So I timed the Drips. And left them a note on the bored. 22 drips per minute LOL

A real man would have climbed under that sink and fixed that dripping faucet! Glad to hear you are out and obviously doing better!
I did not have a wrench or i would have. the dripping was driving me crazy

I did not have a wrench or i would have. the dripping was driving me crazy

last time I was in the hospital I told the nurse that if they didn't have someone there that could fix the dripping sink I'd have hubby do it when he came in the morning "for a reasonable rate". They had maintenance come in and told the other nurses I was a complainer.

Oh that was pretty consistent. even after using the sink

22 was he average in a 12 hour period.

Next visit i plan on counting the holes in the ceiling tiles for recreation

Like the old song, ' counten flowers on the wall that don't boher me at all, playing solatare till dawn with the deck of 51, smoking cigaretss and watching Captain Kangaroo ,now don't tell me I've nothing to do' .

Fronto glad your out .

I have severe Copd and had a slight set back. spent a couple days getting a steroid drip

View attachment 34466

When I left they gave me some parting gifts....I gave them to the trash can...except the tissues.

View attachment 34467

I was SOOOOOOO Bored. Nothing on the TV worth watching and the sink was dripping, dripping. dripping
So I timed the Drips. And left them a note on the bored. 22 drips per minute LOL
Hospitals suck, glad you're out. I generally avoid the hospital unless I can't help it. The best use of a hospital room is for sleeping. You're already in bed anyway. If you're not sleeping you should be chasing the nurses around. ;)

Sorry to hear about your COPD. Hope you are better. I would have saved all the toiletries. You paid for them, even if they claim they are free. They are good barter items, and great sizes for an EDC bag.

Frodo, glad you are a free man again and feeling better. My question about boredom: do hospitals have bibles in the bed stand? Maybe that is not your cup of tea. If it were me, that would have been one of my options, but reading other books would have been good as well. This brings up entertainment for SHTF situations. In thinking about what would be easy, small, etc. to have, a deck of cards to play solitaire would be great to have for all of us.

My brother-in-law has copd. Isn't it something that you will have for the rest of your life?

Weedy: A deck of cards is great. A million uses. Barnes and Noble and Walgreens both have small sections with travel games that would be good for SHTF; small, light, easy to pack. Buy five dice, and you can play Yahtzee or other things.

Anybody musically inclined? I always wanted to learn how to play the harmonica. There are probably other small instruments I am not aware of.

View attachment 34466

View attachment 34467

Well Frodo I went there the next night too all they gave me was a broke heart, black and blue arms veins and some cheap shampoo body wash combo.

Latest posts

Back