Had some visitors today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelhunter

Tree rat eradicater
Neighbor
They even hung around for awhile while I was mowing.

pB3aGpQ.jpg

rL394RA.jpg

Yeah. We had 2 the other day for awhile but I guess this time they decided to bring a friend :D. Our neighbor gets them a lot and he don't like it for some reason. He has around 20-30 ducks and geese already so what's a few more o_O? Usually 2-3 times during the summer we get a blue herron too but haven't seen any yet this year.

@squirrelhunter : Alway nice when fresh meat comes to visit. Treat them nice and if hard times arrive, you won't have far to go for a meal or two.
I was trying to be nice but when I got close to the far side of the pond on the mower my wife came out on the near side and I think that was too much for them. Hopefully they'll be back though.

We get a bunch of Sandhill Cranes in the fields behind our place. They are gorgeous, but look like mini pteradactyls when they all take off and fly overhead.

We get those down here too. They look out of place in the middle of the desert.

We get a bunch of Sandhill Cranes in the fields behind our place. They are gorgeous, but look like mini pteradactyls when they all take off and fly overhead.
They looked more like storks to me. They always made me nervous when I was dating.

Too bad they're so greasy.
Got any ducks?
Who are you talking to? If you're talking to me I have 7 Pekin ducks and down to 1 African goose,I had 2 until recently but will hopefully have 2 more next week. I'm going up to the Amish guy again first of next week to see if any of his hatched.

Latest posts

Back