Hair loss and post SHTF lifestyles.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I got my first haircut and shave in three years yesterday, funny thing. that palm sized bald spot I shaved my head to hide was full of thick, healthy hair again! I can only conjecture two things, NO chlorinated water, No chemical based soap, I'd normally just rinse it well in creek water and brush it out. Hmm

I got my first haircut and shave in three years yesterday, funny thing. that palm sized bald spot I shaved my head to hide was full of thick, healthy hair again! I can only conjecture two things, NO chlorinated water, No chemical based soap, I'd normally just rinse it well in creek water and brush it out. Hmm
You might look civilized now! How short is your hair now, and is your beard completely gone? You might want to take a photo of yourself for posterity sake!

Here's my take on it: you've discovered the 'Fountain of Youth!!!' :oops:

That creek water will make you rich & famous, lol... :confused:

Just remember to file a claim or a patent, aye? And start drinking that creek water, just filter it first, lol... ;)
I like you Wingnut, we think alike sometimes!!

Old pic, same ugly skin job. Civilized isn't something I do. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0226.png
    IMG_0226.png
    494.7 KB · Views: 21
Here's my take on it: you've discovered the 'Fountain of Youth!!!' :oops:

That creek water will make you rich & famous, lol... :confused:

Just remember to file a claim or a patent, aye? And start drinking that creek water, just filter it first, lol... ;)
Nah, I think I just stopped poisoning myself with chemicals, I mean, you would NOT want to drink this water, its why I walked 1/4 mile once a week to the well.

That is interesting, the wife always got her hair colored (it started going grayish decades ago). About 5 years ago it became obvious that she was losing her hair, so we bought a wig. She talked with the doctor and he said stop coloring your hair.. She stopped coloring her hair and switched to a milder shampoo. Within a year her hair had gotten thicker, her true hair color is now a lovely silver. This matches closely with what @Magus is describing. I believe that we are often doing great harm to ourselves by applying strong chemicals to our bodies.

There's chemicals in American hair products that are banned a long time in Europe- never knew that until I moved back here! Over here 20-30 years olds are addicted to tanning products, can't imagine whats leaking into their skins over time.

Just a thought, anybody ever read up on binary toxins? stuff that's more or less harmless by itself but turns downright toxic when mixed with something else, like certain medicines? if I take my hypertension pills with my psych meds its like a big old tranquilizer, but if I do the crazy pills in the morning and the blood pressure crap at night I'm fine except then I get nightmares. Diet coke and aspirin turn into a form of methadrine in your bloodstream you know.

Not that having a supply of castor oil would be your top priority, but it is said that applying that where there is hair loss will stimulate new hair growth.
I switched to a better shampoo I used in the 1980s and my hair got thicker again. It has keratin in it which is essential for hair health.

not shaved or had a hair cut since my mothers funeral in 1985.

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back