Quantcast

Haircuts... who does their own? LOL!!

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I started going bald in my late 30s. I said being married caused it. So, now I'm bald on top and back, but I still have the little clump left in the front and to me that's the worst possible outcome. So for the last 10 years I shave it all, or at least buzz it down to the skin. I use a Remington trimmer for that. I normally keep my beard year round too, or at least a goatee. It's not thick enough to just let it grow, it's pretty uneven if I don't trim it every 2 weeks. The trimmer has good attachments for keeping it neat...

Aerindel

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I started going thin a few years ago so I decided to just accept it and started buzzing my own head. Shaved it once but I didn't like the rubbery weird feeling so I just set the trimmer to the closest setting and use that.

As a plus, people seem to avoid a 6' skinhead for some reason.

Its sad though, because most of my life I had long hair. Always went for the barbarian hero look.

Branwyn

Friend
Neighbor
I’m a hardcore introvert, and a woman. A couple years ago I had back-to-back bad experiences with two separate professional stylists who were way too pushy with the small talk, and left me feeling like I’d just been interrogated with my hair as a hostage in case my responses were unsatisfactory. I decided it just wasn’t worth it. Ever since then, I just trim my own with my best fabric scissors when the ends start to split. My hair is long with a natural spiral curl, so I can just pull the ends around where I can see them to trim, even it up by feel, and not worry about it too much because the curl disguises the imperfections. I’m sure I end up trimming off more than a professional would need to, but I’m much happier being self sufficient with regards to my hair.

Latest posts