Halloween got here early!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I store my preps in milk crates, I had one sitting on my table, it was near the edge but not remotely hanging over, Did I mention it was full of canned goods and weighed maybe fifty pounds? So anyway, I went to feed the cats, and the damn thing just suddenly upended into the floor! No way a cat could have done it and the table is level!

Happy early birthday Ms. Sekhmet! Just in case.

I store my preps in milk crates, I had one sitting on my table, it was near the edge but not remotely hanging over, Did I mention it was full of canned goods and weighed maybe fifty pounds? So anyway, I went to feed the cats, and the damn thing just suddenly upended into the floor! No way a cat could have done it and the table is level!

Happy early birthday Ms. Sekhmet! Just in case.
What is it that they don't like? Have you figured it out yet. Took me a while when we moved in here to make nice with "George and Ida." Think some folks living here were maybe not so nice to the house over the years. We try to do what we can, but the clincher was when I apologized to Ida for not being able to clean up the kitchen one evening. Then in the morning got it done and said, "There ya go Ida. Hope that's okay until I get home from work." We also had a little curtain issue but got that resolved. Our house was built in 1930. We live a pretty old fashioned lifestyle so I think they are okay with us - pretty peaceful.
So with that - whoever is there, ask what it is they don't like. Maybe they like a cleared table. Offer to set the crate on a chair until you can get to it and see if they leave well enough alone. My experience, there's usually a reason they are displeased. Once you acknowledge it, they are nicer.

Well, you see, there are three others already here that like me. I don't believe it was one of them and I would NOT want one of them mad at me even when they were alive!

It MAY have been another kind of visitor. I'll know if I wake up scratched from being "cat-handled" Come to think of it, I wouldn't want one of them mad at me either!

Latest posts

Back