hamburger taco

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
you need
1 large size flour tortilla pac. 8 per pac
1 pound ground round
1 bell pepper dice
1 bunch green onions dice
2 eggs
1 packet taco seasoning or any kind of seasoning you want
bacon

fry or bake bacon, set aside
in a bowl, burger, seasonings, b pepper/onion, egg . mix it up
add crackers to get the consistentsey you desire
put mixture on 1/2 of the tortilla 1/2'' thick. fold over tortilla and fry 4 minutes each side

edited forgot to put the bacon on the meat before folding

Last edited:
you need
1 large size flour tortilla pac. 8 per pac
1 pound ground round
1 bell pepper dice
1 bunch green onions dice
2 eggs
1 packet taco seasoning or any kind of seasoning you want
bacon

fry or bake bacon, set aside
in a bowl, burger, seasonings, b pepper/onion, egg . mix it up
add crackers to get the consistentsey you desire
put mixture on 1/2 of the tortilla 1/2'' thick. fold over tortilla and fry 4 minutes each side
I have never heard of putting eggs in taco filling.

Ground round? Many years ago I lived in North Dakota where the oil fields brought in many Texans. I was a meat wrapper in a grocery store for a couple years. It was Texans and only Texans who would ring the service bell, wanting round steak ground up for burger. I found it interesting.

I have never heard of putting eggs in taco filling.

Ground round? Many years ago I lived in North Dakota where the oil fields brought in many Texans. I was a meat wrapper in a grocery store for a couple years. It was Texans and only Texans who would ring the service bell, wanting round steak ground up for burger. I found it interesting.

I had a plumbing helper who moonlighted as a meat wrapper in Albertson Grocery
The stories he told about the shenanigan's going on behind the counter freaked me out
DO NOT BUY meat that is in those plastic tubes.
Steak is out out to sell, when it goes past the sell by date. it is unpackaged and turned over so the brown side is down a few drops of blood added to get the meat back red, {BLOOD DOES NOT HAVE TO BE COW< ANY BLOOD WILL DOI}
repackage and set back out. if it still does not sell it is ground up and sold in those ackages. they do not toss out anything just grind it up

The stories he told about the shenanigan's going on behind the counter freaked me out
Steak is out out to sell, when it goes past the sell by date. it is unpackaged and turned over so the brown side is down a few drops of blood added to get the meat back red, {BLOOD DOES NOT HAVE TO BE COW< ANY BLOOD WILL DOI}
repackage and set back out. if it still does not sell it is ground up and sold in those ackages. they do not toss out anything just grind it up
I eat hot dogs, metts, brats, Spam and meat in tubes, and I am still alive, somehow :). Building my immune system, one hot dog at a time

never heard of adding an egg to hamburger?
It is an old ''stretch a meal'' trick add a packet of crumbled crackers and an egg to combine

I make a meat loaf doing the same thing
My mother did the meat loaf thing.

The way meat is handled might vary from store to store. Our out of date steaks were wrapped in freezer paper and put in the freezer case and reduced. I got lots of great steaks (filet mignon and others) from that freezer case as a shopper. We never had burger in tubes, and for some reason, I have never purchased burger in tubes. Something about them has always bothered me. Part of my job was to look at the meat on display and remove outdated meat. It was reduced in price and put into a special place on display. It was not rewrapped and relabeled. No addition of any blood. That was 30 + years ago, and I'd bet practices have changed up in many stores.

I think the addition of eggs & crackers is to bind it all together, so the burger doesn't crumble and fall out of the tortilla, but I could be wrong.

Most stores around here just mark the meat down and put it in the 'clearance' section, which is fine with me. I shop those markdowns all the time. Though there is one store that I have wondered if they keep repacking it before finally grinding it......especially their ground pork. It always has a freezer burnt taste and I don't buy it anymore.

One thing about Albertsons burger (not anymore, but when I was a kid) it always looked like packaged worms. Not that it was worms, but straight out of the grinder then wrapped, made it look like worms to a kid. I was glad my Mom didn't buy any burger from there.

Latest posts

Back