hand transfer pump for rain barrel?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I finally set up a couple of food safe 55 gal water barrels for rain water. i see siphon king hand pumps from home depot, and lows, and although they look like what I need, I question their quality and durability for lasting for any time. Looking for advise.

Here is another option. It comes in different diameters and lengths. It can be used for fuel or water but never use for water after using for gas. You can buy a replacement reel of tubing and cut to length and just move the valve when the tubing gets too hard or starts to crack.

Here is another option. It comes in different diameters and lengths. It can be used for fuel or water but never use for water after using for gas. You can buy a replacement reel of tubing and cut to length and just move the valve when the tubing gets too hard or starts to crack.
I had one of those for my old truck--it worked great to siphon off some gas for the lawn mower, etc. Then I tried it on my newer truck & the brass head got stuck down the tube on some baffle. Pulled really hard after fishing for awhile, the head came off & clunked to the bottom of the tank & there it lies...

it's rain water, how about just a clear siphon hose. just make sure that the hose is clear and long enough that you don't get a drink when starting the flow.

Latest posts

Back