Handmade Christmas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tatting! That’s what I was wondering too @MoBookworm1957 @Dani @LadyLocust i have several pieces my great aunts made, antiques by now, using the tatting. That would give me arthritis! Little tiny tool, tiny little string.
I’ve made a cloth doll for one of the grandkids and will not do that again.
Planning to make two small comforters for the littles.
Receiving handmade gifts always made me feel so honored. I’ve got a few things that were made for me that I’ll never part with.

Tatting! That’s what I was wondering too @MoBookworm1957 @Dani @LadyLocust i have several pieces my great aunts made, antiques by now, using the tatting. That would give me arthritis! Little tiny tool, tiny little string.
Receiving handmade gifts always made me feel so honored. I’ve got a few things that were made for me that I’ll never part with.
Tatting!! That's it!!

I inherited some string leftover from when Granny (my MIL) took care of Great Mother (Hunny's Grandma). In fact I have been using it to tie up tomaotes and pepper plants. Left it outside in a tub that apparently the wind blew over and my young "boys", 2 Akitas that turned 1 yesterday got ahold of and were playing with it this morning, scattering it all across my back yard. Yeah, good times. :D

scrounge around and find an old leather belt, give it a little love using shoe polish

Cut a 10” strip and a 12” strip
You need some contact cement
On both strips, apply contact cement on the ends. Top of the 10”
Bottom of the 12”
Press pieces together

image.jpg
Should be shaped like this, This is scrape and is just to show shape

Buy 3 candles. Cut a hole center and half way to the ends on both sides

Insert candle

I have had these done for years, and am thinking that this is what I want to do next, finish this set. I want to do one of each of the ornaments to begin with, but to do the numbers of each piece according to the song, such as eventually Five Gold Rings. I think if I set a goal of one a day, I can at least get the initial set done easily before Christmas. But I would love to have many pears!
pears and partridge.jpg

I have the patterns for the pear and partridge and two French hens, but do not have the patterns and directions for the rest of them.

Latest posts

Back