Happy Birthday!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday, Gecko! Don't be a stranger!

geckocake1.jpg

Today is my wife's birthday. I took her shopping for a new laptop, work boots and a pair of cowboy boots. We went to dinner and she got some carrot cake with a candle in it for dessert.
I got to pay for a Korea/Vietnam Vet's dinner and his wife's dinner. I left before they were finished and never said a word except "thank you" as I left. They won't know for sure who paid and that is the way it should be. My wife was nearly in tears when she got her candle. It was a good end to a good day.

She is actually a spy for the Internet National Security system.. You know them as the INS. She knows everything about all of us. She even knows what color briefs I wore in third grade and that I started smoking in the fourth grade. Your entire life is in her hands...
or not, she just looks up who's birthday and then posts a greeting because she likes you to know that she (we all) care about you.
She is is just a very nice person (or a devious spy)

She is actually a spy for the Internet National Security system.. You know them as the INS. She knows everything about all of us. She even knows what color briefs I wore in third grade and that I started smoking in the fourth grade. Your entire life is in her hands...
or not, she just looks up who's birthday and then posts a greeting because she likes you to know that she (we all) care about you.
She is is just a very nice person (or a devious spy)
Hillarious, SheepDog! I may be considered a spy or even a stalker. I did work briefly for a private detective on a temporary assignment many years ago. I do love true crime as well.

I think it comes from a couple things: 1. teaching, 2. genealogy. When I was teaching, I had a birthday calendar. I found that birthday's are very important to many, but not all people. It is an opportunity to reach out and be personal with everyone at some point in time. It is on facebook as well. It is a great opportunity to reach out and greet people.

But you know what? I don't think Angie has her birthday in the mix. Maybe a few others have had their birthday blocked.

Is your birthday on your profile? Will you announce your own birthday or is that left to us?
I can wish you a happy "unbirthday" just so you know I care too. What kind of cake do you prefer? What topping or frosting, with or without ice cream?

Is your birthday on your profile? Will you announce your own birthday or is that left to us?
I can wish you a happy "unbirthday" just so you know I care too. What kind of cake do you prefer? What topping or frosting, with or without ice cream?
Thank you, SheepDog! I won't announce my birthday, at least for 11 months, and maybe not even then. I cannot tell you how many people I know who go on facebook and say, "Happy Birthday to me." I'm sorry, I just find it odd. I could even put a cake for myself on there! LOL!

Since you asked: my favorite cake is German chocolate, with vanilla ice cream, please. My birthday is on my profile, May 18.

Ok, I might remember that... I bet I could get a cake delivered to you with a quart of French Vanilla Ice cream.
I would have to find an address but that shouldn't be too hard for an old hacker.
I do love making beautiful ladies cry happy tears.:cool:

Latest posts

Back