Happy Memorial Day

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Happy" and "Memorial Day" do not belong in the same sentence.
Memorial Day is set aside to honor those who died in our country's wars.
Armed Forces Day honors those still serving.
Veterans Day honors those who have served.

Since our country began, 1,354,366 men and women have died in our wars.

Today, at 11:00 AM, I participated in the annual Memorial Day ceremony put on by our small town Veterans of Foreign Wars post.
I have participated in, or attended, such services each and every Memorial Day since returning home from the war in 1970.

Is everyone happy because we have the day off? Or should we not be giving thanks for the men and women that sacrifice their lives for are freedoms that are getting sold to china and are hard earned money going to Ukraine. They are selling us out, stop and think about! God bless my America! And thank you my fallen soldiers!

Sadly, only 40% of Americans know what Memorial Day means.
I attribute this directly to our inept public school system and lazy parents.
My children, both now in their 40’s, accompanied me to many ceremonies over the years.
Memorial Day, POW/MIA Day, Veterans Day, July 4th parades, and more.

Both are rock solid conservatives today, probably because of what they did when they were young, plus what they learned by watching Daddy.

I too went to our city's annual Memorial Day celebration yesterday. It is, as said above, a day to celebrate and honor the lives lost, but understand many folks were given a day off to be with their families, which could make someone happy, as long as they have an understanding of why they have the day off.

Latest posts

Back