Happy Mother's Day!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Capture.PNG

A very happy mother's day to all of you momma's here on HCL. And that certainly includes all of you grandmother's and other strong women who have raised their own children, helped raise or fully raised your grandkids, and helped others raise children as well.

"God could not be everywhere, therefore he made mothers." -Kipling

Thank you Sentry for the well meaning and very kind gesture to mothers although inappropiate thank you on this special day for mother's.
Bless you heart its not your generations fault that Mothers Day lost its special graditude for mothers when it was turned into another general celebration for all.:peace::huggs:rant not to you.

Thank you Sentry for the well meaning and very kind gesture to mothers although inappropiate thank you on this special day for mother's.
Bless you heart its not your generations fault that Mothers Day lost its special graditude for mothers when it was turned into another general celebration for all.:peace::huggs:rant not to you.

HUH?

We celebrated Mother's Day last night along with my son #4 Birthday. . .He was born on Momma's Day 28 years ago so this was a special year for us since only the 3rd time it has fallen on the same day. Went down to my mom's house and brought all the sides along with a dessert. Made Deviled Eggs, Seafood Stuffing, Green Beans, Squash Casserole, along with Baked Beans and Potato Salad because that is what my mom wanted and then a Cheese Cake that is my son's favorite plain cheesecake topped with chocolate, caramel syrup, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, caramel bites and chopped up pecans. My sis made 3 diffents kinds grilled of grilled shrimp and 2 different steamed crabs. DIL made cheese biscuits and banana pudding.

Read it again or tell me the real meaning of Mothers Day.
If anyone would tell the truth or common sense prefailed, it would be obvious.
In my day and your grandparents day it was for your mother not somebody elses or it would be Every Mothers Day,get it now?

We celebrated Mother's Day last night along with my son #4 Birthday. . .He was born on Momma's Day 28 years ago so this was a special year for us since only the 3rd time it has fallen on the same day. Went down to my mom's house and brought all the sides along with a dessert. Made Deviled Eggs, Seafood Stuffing, Green Beans, Squash Casserole, along with Baked Beans and Potato Salad because that is what my mom wanted and then a Cheese Cake that is my son's favorite plain cheesecake topped with chocolate, caramel syrup, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, caramel bites and chopped up pecans. My sis made 3 diffents kinds grilled of grilled shrimp and 2 different steamed crabs. DIL made cheese biscuits and banana pudding.

Sounds like a great way to hono your mother Mothers Day.

We had a good time even with all this Covid crap. My mom and her husband have been playing it saFe due to mainly his health issues so we did the fist bump when we got there and kept our distance at the table but by the end of the night they both wanted a hug. . . I told them I did hold my breath. . . . :p

The true meaning of mothers day is to honor anyone who fits the definition and provides the care, teaching, and protection of a mother.

Webster's dictionary:

mother
adjective

Definition of mother

1a : of, relating to, or being a mother
b : bearing the relation of a mother

2 : derived from or as if from one's mother

3 : acting as or providing parental stock

mother

verb

mothered; mothering\ ˈmə-t͟hə-riŋ

, ˈmət͟h-riŋ \

Definition of mother (Entry 3 of 4)

transitive verb
1a : to give birth to
b : to give rise to : produce

2 : to care for or protect like a mother

A true mom, who gave birth or acted like, which reminds me I need to send another email, actually a FB post that I hate to do

The true meaning of mothers day is to honor anyone who fits the definition and provides the care, teaching, and protection of a mother.

Webster's dictionary:

mother
adjective

Definition of mother

1a : of, relating to, or being a mother
b : bearing the relation of a mother

2 : derived from or as if from one's mother

3 : acting as or providing parental stock

mother

verb

mothered; mothering\ ˈmə-t͟hə-riŋ

, ˈmət͟h-riŋ \

Definition of mother (Entry 3 of 4)

transitive verb
1a : to give birth to
b : to give rise to : produce

2 : to care for or protect like a mother

:D

I'll accept that as 'what the philosopher says', but it's not much of a stretch from there to apply it to the grizzly sow who is ripping you apart to feed her cubs.

I think you are seeing things out of focus. We need to stay positive on a positive post. There was no need to be a downer today. I'm so sorry you feel that way about it.

I had a great Mother's Day. I slept late and found my daughter and granddaughter had left me this beautiful hydrangea.

20733.jpeg

I think you are seeing things out of focus. We need to stay positive on a positive post. There was no need to be a downer today. I'm so sorry you feel that way about it.

I had a great Mother's Day. I slept late and found my daughter and granddaughter had left me this beautiful hydrangea.

View attachment 41867

Angie you are so right about me and I apologize to all here who my poison meaness hit.
I hate it when I act like a fool for all to see.

Angie you are so right about me and I apologize to all here who my poison meaness hit.
I hate it when I act like a fool for all to see.
Maybe it's better to think of it like Armed Forces day. You answered the call and served your time to earn the title of Mother. We salute all of you as some of us could only cheer from the sidelines.
I did call my mom today (yes, there is still someone that has to plead guilty to releasing me onto the world) o_O
She mentioned that they had a tornado pass in front of the big-house that laid big trees down on the road. No way in or out.
Invited me to bring my chainsaw and play because they are too big to drag thru the 18' wide gate.
I had to tell her the saw hasn't run in years and it would take me a day just to get it running.
(translation: it's time for the young people to step up, and they will).
At 93, she sounded bright and cheerful:thumbs:.

Oh, my daughter that lives in another state and I texted today, I do have a card coming from them. But, they plan to move back to this town area during the year. Today she told me they plan to come search for land early June. They have a rental house here that they stay at since there are 2 parents and 7 kids with one more on the way (October). I'm so glad to know I'll see them again soon.
And My Mom called to start the day. She's doing well in the nursing home and sounded good.

And I pretty much flittered the day away.

Latest posts

Back