Hashbuilt

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! Alexandra and I have been working long hours to get these projects done. We took on more than we should of but we are whittling them down. We finished the last of the 40 concrete decks today. We are building 2 four plex buildings for ourselves at the moment which 6 of the 8 units are already sold so we will be starting another one in a couple of weeks. We are also building an 8 plex for a customer. We are hoping that we can just build our own product and not have to take on anymore projects for others this year.

We have been so blessed lately! I have two 4 plex buildings under construction in our little development. We have contracts on all 8 of those units, one of the buildings is ready for sheet rock and the next one will be getting shingles next week. We will be digging footings in the next 10 days on another building there and the next one is in the permitting stage. I will have 4 buildings under construction over the summer. We are hoping to have contracts on the next buildings before fall because I've bet the farm again....

814.jpg

815.jpg

816.jpg

817.jpg

Attachments

• 818.jpg
    818.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 8
@hashbrown : Maybe you could do us non-builder folks a great big favor and document (pictures, comments. etc.) the different phases of your next build, so us (me) can get a better understanding of the complexities of your trade and maybe help us understand a potential future build we may want to do, pretty please.

@hashbrown : Maybe you could do us non-builder folks a great big favor and document (pictures, comments. etc.) the different phases of your next build, so us (me) can get a better understanding of the complexities of your trade and maybe help us understand a potential future build we may want to do, pretty please.

I will do that with these next couple of buildings I'm starting.

I put that self adhesive rubber on the roofs of my garage and shop. Most think it's "over-engineering" but even if the wind blows the 3 tab off (it's rated to 120 mph) the rain still doesn't get in.
It is just another layer of extra protection against wind, water and fire.

I will do that with these next couple of buildings I'm starting.

Thank you very much. I know it will be of great interest to many (me) and will help many (me) better understand the complexities of building a house for scratch --- The right way. I look ofrward to you current and new build updates. Thank again, from all of us (me).

Its synthetic, ive been using it for several years now. Its much tougher than felt but it is a little more expensive.

It it easier to lay down? I remember your past post of Jake and Mrs. HB installing the roofing material. It is more durable just during the installation phase or it is more durable for the long haul? See already being a pest.

3rd generation and I'm afraid im raising the 4th!
You ought to be proud. Nothing wrong with a young man or woman wanting to work with their hands.

Every parent wants better for their kids. I believe that this is what got us to this point in this country. At least partly. Kids need adversity to make them stronger. Just like weight lifting, resistance builds strength.

Now that I think about it, that may be what is making Trump stronger.

Back on topic. I miss dirty jobs, it showed the backbone of America. If you really stop to think about it, what is really so bad about our lives that we have carved out? There are things we hope our kids don't go through but it made us stronger.

You ought to be proud. Nothing wrong with a young man or woman wanting to work with their hands.

Every parent wants better for their kids. I believe that this is what got us to this point in this country. At least partly. Kids need adversity to make them stronger. Just like weight lifting, resistance builds strength.

Now that I think about it, that may be what is making Trump stronger.

Back on topic. I miss dirty jobs, it showed the backbone of America. If you really stop to think about it, what is really so bad about our lives that we have carved out? There are things we hope our kids don't go through but it made us stronger.

I'm very proud of him, I just want him to get an education. We do an unbelievable amount of work with me having very little formal education. He works on the projects everyday during the summer and I can promise you theres not another 10 year old in the country that can do and knows construction better than him. It's the same as I was as a kid I was raised on a construction site. I know with his background and a good education he could do awesome things in the construction world if thats what he chooses to do.

I'm very proud of him, I just want him to get an education. We do an unbelievable amount of work with me having very little formal education. He works on the projects everyday during the summer and I can promise you theres not another 10 year old in the country that can do and knows construction better than him. It's the same as I was as a kid I was raised on a construction site. I know with his background and a good education he could do awesome things in the construction world if thats what he chooses to do.
I hope he does. I agree with the education. Maybe he would be the one to build a construction empire.

We are so busy trying to keep up with sales that it has left me very little forum time. Jake has learned so much over this summer and has really made me proud. It's so funny to watch people on the job that has never been around him when he jumps on a piece of equipment and starts working. Heres a little video of him stock piling rock for my plumber.

Latest posts

Back