Hashbuilt

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops I got lost again,I was on music thread then came here and forgot to go back to muxic,anyway hope yall enjoyed the song,if not sorry.:)

HashB looks like things are coming around now,hope it doesn't rain.:thumbs:

142 yards of concrete started pumping at 7am at 3pm the pad was finished, cut stripped and the forms stacked. These men put in a hard day. I hope to do a complete build of this building in this thread, that is if you folks don't get wore out with it.

pump1.jpg
pump2.jpg
pump3.jpg
pump4.jpg

142 yards of concrete started pumping at 7am at 3pm the pad was finished, cut stripped and the forms stacked. These men put in a hard day. I hope to do a complete build of this building in this thread, that is if you folks don't get wore out with it.

View attachment 64955View attachment 64956View attachment 64957View attachment 64958
That right there is why I joined the Navy. I knew it was the Navy or cement finisher like everyone else in my family.
Every one of them that worked in cement has bad knees and broken down bodies.
Looking forward to the pictures of the progress.

View attachment 64955View attachment 64956View attachment 64957View attachment 64958
I am game for the ride.

When I had concrete steps put in my front yard, my father and sister set up lawn chairs.

Beside that you could splice together in high speed and use it when you are chasing the next contract.

Ben

That right there is why I joined the Navy. I knew it was the Navy or cement finisher like everyone else in my family.
Every one of them that worked in cement has bad knees and broken down bodies.
Looking forward to the pictures of the progress.

Funny you say that! Seems like concrete guys make more concrete guys! There are 20 guys on that crew they are all family except for a couple of them. There are 3 generations of that family working on my job along with son in laws brother in laws and cousins.

My first construction job was working with concrete...residential foundations and flat work. We didn't have a power trowel so I burned in all the garage slabs. Aggregate and stamped flatwork is fun, did a few fountains too. Concrete countertops are kinda fun too. I don't miss it now lol. And I agree....my knees, elbows and shoulders are bad.

Lots of my family wwere in construction both brothers were builders as was ex kids dad. Always been part of my life.My SIL is a builder too.

Last edited:
@backlash That mud will cost me just under $16,000 I pay $110 including haul per yard. Rack rate is $130 per yard plus haul, luckily enough my Uncle owns the local quarry and concrete plant plus I pour over a 1000 yards every year so I get a hell of a deal.

Would stand to reason you would get better pricing as a contractor with a large volume. $20 per yard racking, if I understand your terminology, seems reasonable depending on the area.

Well, as of today we have 65,000 square feet of construction under way. It’s a big load for an old man a woman and a kid. I actually checked the kid out of school early today and put him to work. One of the customers we are building a home for saw him working on the job and was impressed with his work ethic and gave the kid a $100.

Attachments

• 5C8C060B-EFED-4BDF-9CF4-1FBF0363F31C.jpeg
    5C8C060B-EFED-4BDF-9CF4-1FBF0363F31C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7359.MOV
    19.2 MB
  • IMG_7354.MOV
    34.2 MB
  • IMG_7355.MOV
    22 MB
  • IMG_7360.MOV
    8.9 MB
  • FEB63BD7-887C-4AFF-BA57-4AE58DCEB0A9.jpeg
    FEB63BD7-887C-4AFF-BA57-4AE58DCEB0A9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Good for him! I know the amish school got out for summer break two weeks ago already, and alot of kids are working this summer. Our grands have another week left. Then a week of driver training. Then work. One at the burger place, the other signed up for a field job. He is going to find out how hard that is. Not much is being done the last few weeks of school anyway.

Good for him! I know the amish school got out for summer break two weeks ago already, and alot of kids are working this summer. Our grands have another week left. Then a week of driver training. Then work. One at the burger place, the other signed up for a field job. He is going to find out how hard that is. Not much is being done the last few weeks of school anyway.

I look at 95% kids in the school pick up line and you can tell they are babied and have never done an hours worth of work in there entire life. It maybe different there but as far as I'm concerned it's pitiful here.

Wow! You've got irons in the fire!!!

The farm has been bet, we are all in! I hope the market holds long enough to get these units closed.

I look at 95% kids in the school pick up line and you can tell they are babied and have never done an hours worth of work in there entire life. It maybe different there but as far as I'm concerned it's pitiful here.

The farm has been bet, we are all in! I hope the market holds long enough to get these units closed.
Here too. Everyplace is hiring. A wholesale nursery has had a sign "help wanted." (Along with have the other businesses around) Yesterday? when I drove by there was a new sign "green house workers $15+/hr, management ??+/hr." I was driving so didn't catch what the mgt. wage was. $15/hr. for unskilled isn't too shabby if you're still under mommy and daddy's roof.

Here too. Everyplace is hiring. A wholesale nursery has had a sign "help wanted." (Along with have the other businesses around) Yesterday? when I drove by there was a new sign "green house workers $15+/hr, management ??+/hr." I was driving so didn't catch what the mgt. wage was. $15/hr. for unskilled isn't too shabby if you're still under mommy and daddy's roof.

Anyone that can fog a mirror and swing a hammer would have a job at $25 per hour here. Can't get anyone to show up and work! I've been trying to hire a laborer for a month at $17 per and have finally gave up. The boy gets out of school in a couple of weeks he actually knows what to do and I damn sure know he will show up and do the job so he might as well get the work.

We just had a fella quit making 32.50/hr because "it's not his thing." Our guy we just hired less than a month ago is 50 - a good worker (go figure). We need some young bucks. And yep, we are always looking. With us, they do have to be able to read a tape measure - you'd be surprised how many can't. Actually, probably not - you've probably seen that too.
I know I've already mentioned you 2 are doing a great job w/ Jake, but he won't be able to fully appreciate it until he's older. He has so much more going for him because of his parents. I don't mean that to discredit him in any way - just as a statement of circumstances.

Latest posts

Back