Have Old Dog ON Homemade Diet

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
She has been sick off and on since her sister died but she is doing much better now since we took her off th dry store brand dog food. She plays,runs and no longer blood in stool.
We make her meals out of ,
rice,
sweet potatoes when we have them.
carrots,
green beans
beef or chicken

How about a more specific recipe?

I add kidney beans, refried beans, frozen broccoli and peas, chicken livers. In addition to sweet potatoes, carrots, brown rice, ground beef, chicken and green beans. Just a few suggestions in case your pup gets bored with one type. sometimes I throw in a can or two of garbanzos, also.

How about a more specific recipe?

I'll take picture next batch,

For us its about 50% rice to 30% meat,20% veggies. Not alot of measuring.

Rinse rice well,boil 6 cups of water ,3 cups rice, stir in uncovered pot of boiling water, let it boil on medium till no water in pot fluff with fork once let sit ,cool. I don't cover my rice when cooking,it gets sticky.Put in meat, veggies.

I add kidney beans, refried beans, frozen broccoli and peas, chicken livers. In addition to sweet potatoes, carrots, brown rice, ground beef, chicken and green beans. Just a few suggestions in case your pup gets bored with one type. sometimes I throw in a can or two of garbanzos, also.

Thanks Snap. Sometimes we use tuna fish too.

We also wormed her but no worms in stool. No fun following her around till she poops but only way to know if she is bleeding internally.
I told hubby close gate to back yard, so we can watch her from porch.To heck with runnign around an acre of land checking crap.

We are a cup of rice, 2 eggs and Corta-flex to the old dogs food.

Don't know why but most will only use the egg whites for dog food. Maybe it is the kidneys,since thats what at I was googling. Not alot of protien if dog had kidney poblems and many old dogs do.

Our old Molly is doing fine now on the home diet,we buy chicken and beef on sale its reallynot much more than the dog food we were buying.
We thought she was dying after she saw Becky dead. She was in bad shape,we had to force water and food down her,she was bleeding internally and coughing all the time, but we got her back to herself now chasing PrettyBird,she hates Pretty Bird [the crow]and she is deaf so we can't call her off.One of the hens got Pretty down last year so we had to get them it off it.

Latest posts

Back