Hawaii volcano still going strong........

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Attachments

• Hawaii-volcano-map-of-affected-area-USGS-1365942.jpg
    Hawaii-volcano-map-of-affected-area-USGS-1365942.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 81
The thing about the Hawaii island.there's area's the insurance companies wont insure.simply because the property is to close to active volcanoes.
c
Well, over 80 homes destroyed so far...hey, let's go build our home on a volcano, it'll never erupt!!

Whether it is tornado alley, hurricane beaches, fire corridors, Tsunami areas, flood plains or earthquake areas, people always want to live there for the beauty or weather.
I chose a place with none of those.

How boring! Why do you even prep?:dancing:

We still got liberal neighbors and their cause and effect. Every time I travel to Komifornia, I look for places to make road blocks and stop the invading illegals from Komifornia after it collapses. There is one very deep ravine with a long bridge that would form a perfect road block, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) it is on the wrong side of the border. We do have a nice mountain pass that wold act as a very good choke point, If Komifornia ever becomes it's own (worst enemy) nation. The problem is the economy, even beautiful Arizona, relies on other states for food and other necessities.

Arizona> No earthquakes, hurricanes, fire corridors (my part of Arizona) flood plains, and certainly NO Tsunami's. :D
We still got liberal neighbors and their cause and effect. Every time I travel to Komifornia, I look for places to make road blocks and stop the invading illegals from Komifornia after it collapses. There is one very deep ravine with a long bridge that would form a perfect road block, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) it is on the wrong side of the border. We do have a nice mountain pass that wold act as a very good choke point, If Komifornia ever becomes it's own (worst enemy) nation. The problem is the economy, even beautiful Arizona, relies on other states for food and other necessities.

That would be a disaster.:eek:

Evidently Monday night the volcano really went to town, huge explosion, HUNDREDS of homes destroyed they are reporting.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/0...s-as-explosion-spews-toxic-ash-mile-high.html

Excerpt: "PUNA, Hawaii – Lava from Hawaii’s Kilauea destroyed hundreds of homes overnight, a Hawaii County spokeswoman revealed Tuesday. The grim update came as an explosion caused the volcano to spew toxic ash and rubble nearly a mile into the air and triggered a 5.5-magnitude earthquake."

Loving all the common sense. Tired of hearing about those "poor folks whose homes are being destroyed" when they are the ones that built a home right on an active volcano. Wont fix stupid though. As soon as they are able new homes will be built in the exact same spot because "it just erupted, it wont happen again anytime soon". Of course, that's really not how that works but ok.

Loving all the common sense. Tired of hearing about those "poor folks whose homes are being destroyed" when they are the ones that built a home right on an active volcano. Wont fix stupid though. ...

Or built in a flood plan or below sea level or same lot after another mud slide...

Whether it is tornado alley, hurricane beaches, fire corridors, Tsunami areas, flood plains or earthquake areas, people always want to live there for the beauty or weather.
I chose a place with none of those.
So you are in North Dakota?

Ahem..... AZ has sent earthquakes to shake my house. It was not fun!!

We are real good folks, we like to send folks presents. Never ask they be returned. If AZ sends you an earthquake you are free to enjoy and tell all your friends how much fun it was. I always enjoyed my earthquakes when I lived in Komifornia, I just figured everybody enjoyed them. you really can't fault (pun fun) us for sharing.

Hawaii eruption getting worse.....http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/0...a-as-scientists-say-worst-is-yet-to-come.html

Excerpt: "Though the full extent of the destruction is hard to tell, Steve Brantley, the deputy scientist-in-charge at the U.S. Geological Survey’s Hawaiian Volcano Observatory, told residents late Tuesday at a community meeting. He also said the worst may still be ahead.

On May 3, Kilauea began shooting ash plumes 30,000 feet into the air. Thick waves of lava seeped from fissures in the ground, destroying homes, choking off escape routes and knocking out power before creeping its way toward the ocean. As it hit the blue waters of the Pacific, it created a dangerous steam laced with hydrochloric acid and fine glass.

At least seven people have been hurt, including three government workers, Hawaii County officials said Wednesday."

Hawaii's home destruction now over 400, 20' walls of lava completely destroy Vacationland, no traces of homes left!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018...-big-island-as-lava-continues-fiery-path.html

Excerpt: "PAHOA, Hawaii – Hawaii’s governor and federal emergency management officials were expected to travel to the Big Island on Thursday to discuss how to assist hundreds of residents displaced by the fiery eruption of Kilauea.
In the past month, more than 400 homes and other structures have been obliterated as the volcano's hot magma has poured through neighborhood after neighborhood, torching everything in its path.
Volcanologists say a river of molten rock upwards of 20 feet tall tore through the Kapoho Beach Lots and Vacationland.
“Vacationland is gone, there's no evidence of any properties there at all," Wendy Stovall, a volcanologist with the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), told reporters on a conference call. "

Latest posts

Back