He will be missed..

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluetick21

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I’ve been waiting a few days to post just because I didn’t want to think about it witch is crazy cause it seems to be all I’ve thought about since..
My boy Turbo passed..
He will be missed very much he was my first hound I had ever had the privilege to follow he was also my best hound I’ve ever followed. He was the one my son always wanted to cut loose. I’ve learned so much from him and he has helped me train many pups. He was very loving and never met a stranger and always there for the kids as well.

He was my friend my partner and my defender I was his life and his love and he was faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.

I’ll miss you buddy. but I know you’ll be waiting for me at the tree and I’ll see you again..
A4CFE491-824A-4BC6-9BC7-D525B45CDE6F.jpeg
C1DE0D57-B198-49E2-AD2A-AB7699513D61.jpeg

Sorry to hear that @Bluetick21 We lost our dog last month and it's been really weird/hard. It's most difficult when someone catches us off guard and asks about him - he went to work with us each day. They sure fill a part of our lives don't they? I like to believe God has a special place for critters.

So hard!! Deepest sympathies. My dear girl is not long for this world and it tears me apart. I'm just thankful they have shorter lives and usually don't have to go through the pain of losing us! Faithful dogs that lose owners must go through horrible pain and grief. Turbo can wait for you in peace❤️

So sorry to hear about Turbo. With a name like that, he must have been quite a dog!

I have lost more than a few two-legged loved ones, but I must say I have grieved more over my four-legged best friend of 18 years...

I feel your pain, Bluetick21. 🌷

So sorry, Bluetick. They really do become members of the family. I like to think they have gone to a better place, and will be waiting for you when you get there.

Brother , I'm so Sorry, when I look at my curly dog , he just turned 11 this summer , and I know how I felt when I lost his Sire Fido and dam Kate. And it will be Tough when he goes he was just 6 months old when I first retired from the Corps, we spent a whole lot of time in the woods. When my first dog champ died. I was tore up. My great uncle told me something that has always stuck with me. If you don't want your heart broke don't have hunting dogs or children but what kinda life would that be.

Brother , I'm so Sorry, when I look at my curly dog , he just turned 11 this summer , and I know how I felt when I lost his Sire Fido and dam Kate. And it will be Tough when he goes he was just 6 months old when I first retired from the Corps, we spent a whole lot of time in the woods. When my first dog champ died. I was tore up. My great uncle told me something that has always stuck with me. If you don't want your heart broke don't have hunting dogs or children but what kinda life would that be.
💔♥️♥️♥️

Thank you for all the condolences. Ol Turbo was a one of a kind and he will definitely be missed. That hound would do anything no matter what it took hed bend over backwards to do anything for me or my son. The good ones always go to soon.

sorry to hear it.

what blood was he...smokey river by chance..kelly bragg?

the old man had them original was out in oklahoma and my buddy ue to go out there and see him pretty often. its been a long time and i am sure hes passed as he was in poor health back then. i cant recall his name at the moment.

Last edited:
He was out of Smokey river and utchman

i seen one of the very very old pedigrees once that went way back. the time being set in early 1990's and i seen blood from lee brothers behind them. not saying all just on the one large pedgree papers i seen. lee boys were pretty famous. dale was last one alive.

i hunted with some cameron hounds as well.

You’ve run with some good hounds. Lee brothers had some top notch lion hounds. I’ve been wanting to get the book “call of the hounds” it’s about the Cameron hounds I haven’t read it yet but it’s on my list

its worth it. get it while you can.once hes dead if not already you wont be able to find a copy. there was an old lionhunter out in california that was pretty famous and had a line if grade red hounds that were awful good. he wrote a book back in the day and about this one hound saving him from a lion.he was a govt hunter. but anyway it use to be a few bucks a book. last time i seen a copy it sold for $300.back in about 1980 cameron wrote about a hound he had named thor.interesting hound he was. dale wrote a book after he got old and right before he died.its real good.

alot of old timers i knew back when...kelly bragg out of wva. old man taylor crocket from down your way. he had plott hounds. i had a dog out of his old dog named jap. i use to see crocket 3 or 4 times a summer.

willis butolph was a govt hunter and he had a book as well. i am sure you never find it now.

i knew or hunted with several old timers out west when i lived there.

A tear in my eye from this post thinking of your loss. Let the fond memories carry you until you meet again. I know the feelings…

its worth it. get it while you can.once hes dead if not already you wont be able to find a copy. there was an old lionhunter out in california that was pretty famous and had a line if grade red hounds that were awful good. he wrote a book back in the day and about this one hound saving him from a lion.he was a govt hunter. but anyway it use to be a few bucks a book. last time i seen a copy it sold for $300.back in about 1980 cameron wrote about a hound he had named thor.interesting hound he was. dale wrote a book after he got old and right before he died.its real good.

alot of old timers i knew back when...kelly bragg out of wva. old man taylor crocket from down your way. he had plott hounds. i had a dog out of his old dog named jap. i use to see crocket 3 or 4 times a summer.

willis butolph was a govt hunter and he had a book as well. i am sure you never find it now.

i knew or hunted with several old timers out west when i lived there.
I think the book you are talking about is “Brave” I actually have the book. It’s a great read too I recall seeing it cost 300$ but I actually found it at a yard sale for just a few bucks. The dog that saved him was named Brave.
You’re hound has some good bloodlines as well do you hunt him ?

Latest posts

Back