Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent him a PM and heard back from him today. He is taking a break from posting. Part of it has to do with his wife's health issues. Me? I was going to find his address in my PM's and search for an obituary. He has been so regular in this group that we cannot help but wonder what is going on.

I used to follow several blogs. One blog that I followed was by a man in Alabama who supposedly had mental health issues. I read all of his blog posts for ten years. He would sometimes take a few months off from blogging. Last year, he wasn't feeling well and didn't blog much for a week or so. Then I read the comments in his last post, and someone who actually knew him shared that he had passed away. He was in his late 40's. Stuff happens and we never know when it will happen.
I totally get this Weedy. It's nice to know folks are "okay."

I don't blame him!
Well unless he is not wearing his "at home" gun... ;)

Glad to hear Jim is OK.

What about Venom Jockey? Does anyone know him?
If anyone knows his given name, please send it to me and I will search for him. I will let you knw what I find. Was he in Nevada? Any details about him can help me find out about him. I will be careful in what I post for the world to see, if I find anything.

Last edited:
If anyone knows his given name, please send it to me and I will search for him. I will let you knw what I find. Was he in Nevada? Any details about him can help me find out about him.
I think he was down south, like Mississippi or Alabama. But I don't recall for sure. I think Jim had contact info for VJ. Knowing how VJ's health was last spring, I fear he has gone on ahead of the rest of us by now...

If anyone knows his given name, please send it to me and I will search for him. I will let you knw what I find. Was he in Nevada? Any details about him can help me find out about him. I will be careful in what I post for the world to see, if I find anything.

Venon Jockey was in Alabama Mobile if I remember correctly.

I think he was down south, like Mississippi or Alabama. But I don't recall for sure. I think Jim had contact info for VJ. Knowing how VJ's health was last spring, I fear he has gone on ahead of the rest of us by now...
Venon Jockey was in Alabama Mobile if I remember correctly.
That rings a bell. Does anyone know his name? I have a possibility of an obituary that is him. If anyone would check it out, I will send you a PM to the link.

Last edited:
That rings a bell. Does anyone know his name? I have a possibility of an obituary that is him. If anyone would check it out, I will send you a PM to the link.

TMT Tactical is on a survial forum now, knew him and Pessimistic his best friend and partner before Pess had the stoke and has Amnesia to where he didn't rememebr V.Jocky..

TMT Tactical is on a survial forum now, knew him and Pessimistic his best friend and partner before Pess had the stoke and has Amnesia to where he didn't rememebr V.Jocky..
Thanks for reminding me of this. I have seen TMT Tactical somewhere else, but it has been a long time since I went there. I'll check it out.

Edit: I just sent TMT Tactical a PM and asked him to give us an update. It is better for someone who is in the know to update us, than someone like me who is doing an investigation.

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me of this. I have seen TMT Tactical somewhere else, but it has been a long time since I went there. I'll check it out.

Edit: I just sent TMT Tactical a PM and asked him to give us an update. It is better for someone who is in the know to update us, than someone like me who is doing an investigation.
[/Q

I mean freindship and business type not the new age partner,just to clarify that.

I heard back from TMT Tactical. This is his message:

Hi Weedy,

I lost contact with VJ a while back. He was moved from the retirement community into a nursing home. His condition continued to deteriorate and he had become bed ridden. I had requested his son contact me if his condition continued to worsen but there has not been any updates. From my understanding, he had too many issues and there was no real possibility of a recovery. We were communicating on a daily basis and that shifted to weekly and then it was very hit and miss. Now it is no responses. That is all the information I have regarding VJ. I wish I could be more helpful or offered a better outlook. I think VJ is no longer with us. You are free to share what little I know but I will not be returning to the Homestead forum to post anything.

Hi Weedy,

I lost contact with VJ a while back. He was moved from the retirement community into a nursing home. His condition continued to deteriorate and he had become bed ridden. I had requested his son contact me if his condition continued to worsen but there has not been any updates. From my understanding, he had too many issues and there was no real possibility of a recovery. We were communicating on a daily basis and that shifted to weekly and then it was very hit and miss. Now it is no responses. That is all the information I have regarding VJ. I wish I could be more helpful or offered a better outlook. I think VJ is no longer with us. You are free to share what little I know but I will not be returning to the Homestead forum to post anything.

I was thinking the same thing and V.J was a good man ,wise and a real fighter. And I also really like TMT Tactical too. I miss him and its to obad he won't be coming back. he is a fair and unbiased man.

Hi Weedy,

I forgot, :Thankyou: Weedy sweety.

I was thinking the same thing and V.J was a good man ,wise and a real fighter. And I also really like TMT Tactical too. I miss him and its to obad he won't be coming back. he is a fair and unbiased man.
TMT is active in another forum, and it may be his forurm. If you are interested, I can send you the link where you can find him.

TMT is active in another forum, and it may be his forurm. If you are interested, I can send you the link where you can find him.

I think he may be upset with me and I don't blame him if he is. I know where he is but I'd have to leave all you other friends if I hung around there its all I can do to keep up with one forum.

Weedy please PM me the site if you don't want to post it on the open forum.

Hate hear about VJ's probable fate. But he had talked about all the issues he had and it wasn't likely he would recover as fast as he was losing weight. God bless him.

I just ran a search on LazyL username and it came up "not found". Hope he hasn't left us...
I did the same, but found him under "The Lazy L." It has been a week since he was on. Did anyone do an email exchange with him when we talked about that a while ago, so we could find out about people who were Missing in Action here?

I did the same, but found him under "The Lazy L." It has been a week since he was on. Did anyone do an email exchange with him when we talked about that a while ago, so we could find out about people who were Missing in Action here?
Ah, good. I guess it helps to be able to remember people's names correctly...😁

We could only do 5 at a time.
I wanted to add him and a few others to a email list..but never did it.

Wish we could all exchange email address , so we would have another way to keep in touch.

Jim

We could only do 5 at a time.
I wanted to add him and a few others to a email list..but never did it.

Wish we could all exchange email address , so we would have another way to keep in touch.

Jim
Yes! And many of us are never known by our real names. I understand OPSEC, but it would be nice to be able to find someone like him when they go missing.

We could have a spreadsheet with user name, real name, email address, and phone numbers. Why we never can or will is because there are crazy people in this world and few of us have ever met face to face.

I have an "In the Event of My Death" icon on my computer desktop, for my wife and kids. In that folder I have family stuff, but also a contact list of who to notify should I die. There are a couple folks on this forum in that list - I have a few email addresses and phone numbers I have squirreled away over the years. And the forum itself (using my login/password) hopefully will be notified. Not that anybody may care of my status, but it's just a forum post I have requested, so not a big imposition. So someday you may see a post from me informing you that I am no longer among the living. That will be weird, but don't freak out. I'm not planning to rise from the dead to type in a post, it will be from a family member using my login credentials. I should amend that folder name to be "In the Event of My Significant Illness/Injury"

I agree with Weedy that a master spreadsheet of people's contact info is probably a no-go. The mods could probably look this up from our initial account creation if they had to. But I'm sure there are many here just like me - when you join a new forum and know nothing about it, you give the registration process the least amount of personal information you can get by with. Later, you may trust the forum with more info, but initially probably not. e.g., If I was forced to give a phone number when I registered (I don't remember), be prepared to end up talking to some bewildered shop owner in Nigeria if you dial it. And you will probably find in my profile details that I an a 127 year old transvestite from Finland as well.

People could implement an informal "forum buddy" system though. Pick a buddy or two to keep tabs on and share contact info with. As frequent posters drift away from the forum as they inevitably will (e.g., Sentry), inform your buddy of your changing status, or your buddy can contact you to check up on why you're AWOL. Interests and situations do change, so there is no such thing as a lifetime forum member. We gotta expect that. Even the best of forums can eventually turn. I think many of us here originally came from a forum that we were long time members of, but that forum went downhill. Despite those forums having gone bad, there are probably still decent members there - not involved in the forum shenanigans - who are wondering where we went. I know that I left my old forum like that. I do a drive-by posting every six months or so to let them know I'm still alive - but nobody seems to care though, many of the other good folks I knew there left as well.

Admins have access to the emails you originally signed in with. I recently sent an email to a beloved member who had fallen off the forum for no reason. I received a wonderful email from his wife that the member passed away from cancer. This was my 3rd or 4th response advising me the member has died. It tears me up every time.

Admins have access to the emails you originally signed in with. I recently sent an email to a beloved member who had fallen off the forum for no reason. I received a wonderful email from his wife that the member passed away from cancer. This was my 3rd or 4th response advising me the member has died. It tears me up every time.
I understand respecting privacy, but were we informed about his passing? I'm just curious.

Back