Health benefits of Raw organic Cacao (pronounced "Ka-Cow", not "Co-Co")

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzinSATX

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Another superfood I incorporate into my daily diet is raw cacao nibs. These are basically small, dried, hard little chunks of raw, unprocessed, cocoa beans. Cacao is extremely high in essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It has many other benefits that make your body work well, and can even enhance your mood.

If you put a few nibs in your mouth and started chewing, you'd find they have a hint of chocolate flavor, but really are not something you can just munch on. The best way to use them is to grind them or turn them into a powder. One thing I do is add them to my coffee beans when I grind them each week, and as I make and drink my own coffee every day, I know I am getting some of the benefits of raw cacao daily.

You can also add some to many baked dishes, on cereals and oatmeal, in deserts, in smoothies and you can stir some into your favorite nut butter. Raw cacao...another outstanding and natural ingredient towards a long and health life...

https://begoodorganics.com/blogs/su...le-known-benefits-of-this-amazonian-superfood

7981815456_b58ac5375a_z.jpg

xhealth-benefits-of-dark-chocolate-antioxidants.jpg.pagespeed.ic.aWcAM7ISTx.jpg

Not sure if this counts as herbs but it's healthy and natural, hard to beat pintos and turnip greens!:eek:opsie:

I read the other day that Nestlé's chocolate is now using GMO chocolates. I actually bought some Ovaltine today at the grocery store. You youngsters probably never heard of the stuff. It' seems a lot more healthy than any other drink mixes.
Every package of fish said it was farm raised. I asked the butcher at Krogers if he had any wild caught fish and he said no it was all farm raised and more than likely in some other country. For cripe sakes the bagged apples weren't even from the USA. What the hell we don't grow enough apples here is the USA anymore? Look at the garlic and see it more than likely isn't grown here in the USA.

I read the other day that Nestlé's chocolate is now using GMO chocolates. I actually bought some Ovaltine today at the grocery store. You youngsters probably never heard of the stuff. It' seems a lot more healthy than any other drink mixes.
Every package of fish said it was farm raised. I asked the butcher at Krogers if he had any wild caught fish and he said no it was all farm raised and more than likely in some other country. For cripe sakes the bagged apples weren't even from the USA. What the hell we don't grow enough apples here is the USA anymore? Look at the garlic and see it more than likely isn't grown here in the USA.
I do remember Ovaltine (and I consider myself a youngster ;)).

I can get local apples here in Virginia at my local produce stand/roadside stand.

@buildit grows garlic. I know it doesn't grow well in containers, so I will have to try it now that I have real land that I can use for garlic.

I do try to avoid GMOs, but it is difficult when shopping at conventional stores.

Latest posts

Back