Hello all another Alaskan here

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aklogcabin

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I was cruising around n found this spot. Looked good, here i am.
Been in Ak for near 40 years. The outdoors are a big part of my life.
My beautiful wife n me built a couple homes together. We tend to try to take care of ourselves as much as we can, self sufficient.
I have spent a lot of hours cruising through the bush while building a remote log cabin. In the nonfrozen months we or me get dropped off via bush plane on floats on a remote uninhabited lake then a 2 mile walk north. Frozen months it's a hour n half drive through senic moose inhabited ice ways. Then unload the snogos n cruise on out to cabin.
I'm also in to old iron n have a few cool toys, 59 snocat, old tractors, n such. We grow big gardens n raise meat rabbits.
I do recognize a few folks, all great. Hey Akjohn !
20210411_111329.jpg09E7C847-A67E-4254-84C1-CD839F855A40.jpeg

Attachments

• 20210609_082920.jpg
    20210609_082920.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 61
  • 20210609_082920.jpg
    20210609_082920.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 20210313_073908.jpg
    20210313_073908.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 59
A warm welcome from a neighbor! I know you from a small cabin forum! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I know you have much to contribute!

A warm welcome from a neighbor! I know you from a small cabin forum! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I know you have much to contribute!

Thanks man. I just hope folks can put up with me.
I've had lots of help from others n feel it's important to give back a bit.
I also feel strongly that our differences is our strength !

A warm welcome to this forum from the upper Kenai Peninsula, Alaska.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon, it honestly takes guts to deal with living in cold climates and as well to live in an area where anything you need to get is shipped in containers from the lower 48, if you are able to grow and raise your own food, You certainly need a healthy pat on the back. My wife, son and I lived at 8,000 feet in the front range of the Rockies back in the late 70's, drove over snow drifts to get to work in a Honda Civic, sometimes ice on the road so slick that our 78 Bronco in 4 wheel drive could barely move. We really did a lot of research before coming here, it snows a bit but usually goes away in a few days and that's fine with us, if we want to be in snow, we'll drive to it, otherwise we've had enough of it and consider where we live now, paradise, anyway good to see you here, lots of good people and tons of info.

Welcome to here! Any friend of AlaskaJohn is a friend of mine.

As you can see, there are plenty of your Alaskan neighbors here; y'all are a nice bunch, never met one that I didn't like!

Curious: what is hanging from that rack near your cabin?

Last edited:
You got here just in time we were about to close the forum to any more Alaskans :)
Welcome from the southeast corner of Washington, the evergreen state.

Back