Hello All!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EJMorgan

Friend
Neighbor
Hello All,

Our names are Eric and Jennifer Morgan. We currently live in Delaware on 3/4 of an acre. We grow veggies and have 10 egg layer dinos. We have 3 daughters (20, 19 & 12). We're currently in the process of planning and moving to Northeast Washington State to our family property of approximately of 2500 acres. Which sounds like a homesteader's paradise, but approximately 98% of the property is dense mountainous forest. We have about 16 acres of usable land and lots of great view. The property has been in our family for 65 years, and since my grandmother passed away in 2018, the land has gone abandoned since then. Under the threat of selling the property because no one in the family wanted anything to do with it, Jen and I decided we couldn't live with the fact of this beautiful property that I grew up with not being in the family for future generations to enjoy as my grandparents intended. So we took the leap and accepted the mantle. We plan to be home by June of 2021. Jen and I have always been into the homesteading lifestyle and practiced it a smidgen in our suburban 3/4 acres. Now it's going to be our life and we're looking to establish a network of homesteaders to learn from and hopefully as an extra added benefit to find folks around us in Northeast Washington. Thanks!

~Eric & Jen

Welcome to both of you from SE Washington.
What is the elevation of the property?
My brother and I have a bit of acreage in northern Washington but it goes from 2500 to 5000 feet. It is not much good for growing anything but the native plants due to the short growing season. Elevation is a big factor but my brother lives there full time.

Welcome from New York! Please let us know how the transition goes! (And I'm envious of your situation - I hope you and your kids are very happy with the change of venue!!)

Welcome from Alabama! There are lots of varied interests here in the forum and most are related to being self sufficient. Lots of wisdom already shared in old threads to read when you have time. Just jump in wherever you are comfortable.

Hello All,

Our names are Eric and Jennifer Morgan. We currently live in Delaware on 3/4 of an acre. We grow veggies and have 10 egg layer dinos. We have 3 daughters (20, 19 & 12). We're currently in the process of planning and moving to Northeast Washington State to our family property of approximately of 2500 acres. Which sounds like a homesteader's paradise, but approximately 98% of the property is dense mountainous forest. We have about 16 acres of usable land and lots of great view. The property has been in our family for 65 years, and since my grandmother passed away in 2018, the land has gone abandoned since then. Under the threat of selling the property because no one in the family wanted anything to do with it, Jen and I decided we couldn't live with the fact of this beautiful property that I grew up with not being in the family for future generations to enjoy as my grandparents intended. So we took the leap and accepted the mantle. We plan to be home by June of 2021. Jen and I have always been into the homesteading lifestyle and practiced it a smidgen in our suburban 3/4 acres. Now it's going to be our life and we're looking to establish a network of homesteaders to learn from and hopefully as an extra added benefit to find folks around us in Northeast Washington. Thanks!

~Eric & Jen
Greetings, Eric and Jennifer, from Duncan and Dawn in Southern Idaho! Even though we're in the "next-door" state, we're about nine hours away (assuming you live in the Spokane general area). I grew up in Maryland, and the East Coast and PNW are about as far apart as can be.

There are a lot of PNW resources available to homesteaders, and most folks (at least outside the big cities) understand homesteading and are glad to help. We just began homesteading in 2018, and our neighbors have been wonderful, sharing their knowledge and (on more than one occasion) the use of their tractor! The folks here are a trove of information that Dawn and I have really taken advantage of, so you've definitely come to the right place. We're looking forward to more of your posts.

Hurry home!

Welcome from Alabama! There are lots of varied interests here in the forum and most are related to being self sufficient. Lots of wisdom already shared in old threads to read when you have time. Just jump in wherever you are comfortable.
Thanks Peanut. We’ll certainly do that.
~Eric

Latest posts

Back