Hello Everyone.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky2beAlive

Happy Carolinian
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I really like reading what you have to say here at the H&CL forum. I grew up in a rural NC county, in a town for tobacco farmers selling to Winston-Salem RJR.
We had a farm house, well, we called it that. We bought a big old house with 4 acres and 4 stables and we had 3-4 horses.

Fast forward 20 years and I’m living and working in downtown Charlotte... which doesn’t truly feel like home.

I miss having the foot of Saura Town Mountain begin at the back of our property. The winding country roads. Kids riding grandpas tractor. Even taking care of our horses, tracking mud, rolling hay.... I’ll never forget the morning one horse gave birth. We hadn’t had her long, it surprised us all!

You fine people here seem to know what’s important in life and I’m all for that! May you all be blessed in life!

I am an experienced commercial plumber and if I see a post I can help, I will. I may even play the word game if that ok with y’all?

Thanks!

And a warm shout out to Mark and Angie (Admin) who helped me get my account working. Very nice, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Lucky.

I use to live in Wilmington N.C. when I was young teenager, Lied about my age, and worked building CPL Power Plant and Hercules Power Plant, welding. We were so high on steel beams people looked like ants.Those older guys were walking 6 inch beams reading blueprints, while I was clinging to those beams thinking if I go this beam will go with me.:ghostly:

Last edited:
A warm welcome from Alaska! I look forward to your posts!

hi lucky! welcome from the mountains of colorado!
it can be rough going from a rural area to a citified one. i hope and pray you get the chance to get your dreams.

if i ever need a plumber ill give you a hollar. umm, --do you charge by the mile or the hour?
asking for a friend

welcome to a very nice place and God bless

I'm shamefully late to here, but just wanted to say that I have enjoyed your posts and am looking forward to reading more!

Latest posts

Back