Hello from Arkansas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuma

Ozark Engineer
Neighbor
Hi, all. I'm a li'l ol' lady who lives in Arkansas with a little herd of Miniature LaMancha dairy goats. THEY live in the goat yard; not in the house with me. Happy to be here, and hope to be able to contribute to the conversations.

Hello and welcome! I'm an old goat too. I love your descriptive "Ozark Engineer" under your photo! I am dying to know what kind of stuff you have Ozark Engineered, lol.

Welcome Zuma! I love my goat heard too ;). I did have two bottle feed babies who were living in the house with me recently. Momma totally rejected. . . So they stayed in a playpen at night and the pasture during the day until they were almost a month old. That's when they started jumping out of the play pen looking for me while I was showering. Came out to one in my chair and the other on my bed. Yeah, after that they were outside full time. One night without a goat in the house then one of my little ones got a broken leg. . . So now she is in the playpen to limit her moving around and getting too active. Sigh. . .I'll be known as the old goat lady. . . :)

Welcome Zuma! I love my goat heard too ;). I did have two bottle feed babies who were living in the house with me recently. Momma totally rejected. . . So they stayed in a playpen at night and the pasture during the day until they were almost a month old. That's when they started jumping out of the play pen looking for me while I was showering. Came out to one in my chair and the other on my bed. Yeah, after that they were outside full time. One night without a goat in the house then one of my little ones got a broken leg. . . So now she is in the playpen to limit her moving around and getting too active. Sigh. . .I'll be known as the old goat lady. . . :)
There are worse things to be. At least goats are entertaining.

Welcome from an outpost in S.W. Oregon, goats are very good, we used to have Nubians, very mellow. Now at 75+ I'm the old goat, just glad I don't smell like the bucks we had, at least I've not been told that I do.

Latest posts

Back