Hello from Astronomy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astronomy

Friend
Neighbor
This site recommended to me over at another forum... so here I am.

Interested in homesteading skills, outdoors skills, and general preparations for life's events. Retired military, long married, and living at elevation out West. Have peed on several of Will Roger's life lesson electric fences across my lifetime. Grumpy, old, and opinionated... but mostly harmless.

Here to learn and contribute.

Welcome to here! I've greatly enjoyed your posts elsewhere and am looking forward to your insights here as well.

Also, 100% to what Hardcalibres said.

Welcome to this forum, from Alaska. You know me from the other site as 6.8SPC

Interested in homesteading skills, outdoors skills, and general preparations for life's events. Retired military, long married, and living at elevation out West. Have peed on several of Will Roger's life lesson electric fences across my lifetime. Grumpy, old, and opinionated... but mostly harmless.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon, if I didn't know any better, I could have written your intro for me.

Nice to meet you Astronomy.

Im still new to any forum and feel thankful for the opportunity to read your... Wisdom!

Here’s to all the forum greats! 🕊

Nice to meet you.

..Also, 100% to what Hardcalibres said.

..Make that 200%. 👍 :cool:

Very glad to see you joined - Echoing others, I believe you will find this place (in contrast to the "other place" :rolleyes: a nicely 'well seasoned (by Experience) raised-bed', where sharp minds sharpen each other, and the Fools, Tools and Trolls are left to wallow / drown in their own biases, elsewhere..

..Truly, a refreshing oasis for the 'BTDT-few'.. :cool:

jd

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. You referenced one of my all time favorite Will Rogers' quotes. That has to be a good sign, and you come highly recommended. Good to have you with us.

A warm welcome from Alaska! I know you will like it here and I look forward to you adding to the great flavor of this forum.

You know me as Alaskajohn on the other sight. :)

Very glad to see you here.

Welcome from South Carolina.
I am here for the same reason, IMO you will not find a better group of people to help you gain knowledge & wisdom.
There seems to be many people from many walks of life here.

Welcome, from Colorado.

Sorry you are a grumpy old person. I am older and am doing my best to have as many laughs a day as I am able to. I avoid negative. I don't do politics. I don't argue and debate. I am here because I am interested in homesteading and preparedness. There are some wonderful people here.

Wow... that's quite a welcoming response (and completely unexpected). Thank you everyone. I'll try to earn my keep, but expect to mostly browse and lurk for a time. Like to get a feel for the landscape before I walk among the cow patties. The part about me being old, opinionated, and grumpy is mostly hyperbole (well... the grumpy & opinionated part anyway).

Forums that aren't continuous Immediate Argument Drills are just my cup of tea. Glad to be here.

Latest posts

Back