Hello from Eastern WA

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJenner

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Good afternoon from the east (dry) side of WA, just purchased 48 acres, (have 3 1/2 now) - not super new to homesteading, hoping I can be helpful and also hoping to pick up some tips along the way.

Good to see fellow PNW'ers :)
Love the willamette valley.
@viking - SW oregon - I have family by Coos Bay, want to get out that way someday. My daughter wanted to go to U of O, but the way sports recruiting is now...she will be going to a community college for a few years!

A warm welcome from Alaska!

Welcome from the "Great State of Alaska".

welcome from north of the border, and just east of the rockies, you got here just in time for the vaxx "squabble"

I've been here forever. Glad you found us over here!
You've got a challenge ahead of you. About 7 yrs ago we found an old broken down farm (over 100 yrs old) and it was such a mess, that when we came here, we stay in our travel trailer. We would stay for a week then go home to New Mexico. Once in November, the heater in it went out. So in the house we came, staying in one room with a propane heater. We couldn't wait to get this place fixed up. So retired, and moved full time here 14 months ago. So much work! But so worth the effort. Keep us informed with how your transition is going! Alot of good people on this forum.

I've been here forever. Glad you found us over here!
You've got a challenge ahead of you. About 7 yrs ago we found an old broken down farm (over 100 yrs old) and it was such a mess, that when we came here, we stay in our travel trailer. We would stay for a week then go home to New Mexico. Once in November, the heater in it went out. So in the house we came, staying in one room with a propane heater. We couldn't wait to get this place fixed up. So retired, and moved full time here 14 months ago. So much work! But so worth the effort. Keep us informed with how your transition is going! Alot of good people on this forum.
Thanks @Amish Heart
I am so looking forward to downsizing and heading up that way. I'll post pics later! I can't imagine fixing up an old broken down farm, with all the challenges though, what a great thing to pass down to grandkids - I hope you kept a journal of your adventures!
We plan on journaling about it. I am also going to start writing a memoir about my life behind the hospital walls, in the ICU during a pandemic. I figure its the first in our lifetime so why not!

Thanks @Amish Heart
I am also going to start writing a memoir about my life behind the hospital walls, in the ICU during a pandemic. I figure its the first in our lifetime so why not!

DrJenner, I am doing the same thing - only I'm doing mine from my perspective as the Infection Preventionist for a health system, and I'm writing it as fiction. (I write post-apocalyptic novels). I'll bet your memoir will be very interesting, as ICUs were right in the line of fire from the worst of covid!

DrJenner, I am doing the same thing - only I'm doing mine from my perspective as the Infection Preventionist for a health system, and I'm writing it as fiction. (I write post-apocalyptic novels). I'll bet your memoir will be very interesting, as ICUs were right in the line of fire from the worst of covid!
Intriguing, I would love to read it. I love reading post apocalyptic novels in my spare time :)
I need to start keeping a journal so I can remember everything!

Back