Hello from Portugal!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome here. from there.

a mouse? lol...I guess the story means that no matter how nice a prison is, it is still a prison
and your mouse craves freedom,
LOL
We escaped!!!
But some times i have to go back to the prison so i can make my 700/1000dls a month that allows me to keep Camera Girl and Mogli out of jail.
That's the sad portuguese reality.
Minimum portuguese wage is under 700dls a month for 40 working hours a week.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon, we're all pretty much farmers here, even out here in the woods and we have a lot of wineries throughout Oregon, anyway we're just thankful to be living in what we call paradise, by the way, this is a good place to be part of, a lot of good people and great information.

I've been to your country also, long ago... I remember a seaside town... Cascais, west of Lisbon on the ocean. I remember a very tall bridge across a river in Lisbon. On the south shore was a very tall statue of Christ like the one in Brazil.
Was that when you came back from WWI or WW2?

Lol sorry I could not resist.

@Crazy Farmer welcome to the site

I've been to your country also, long ago... I remember a seaside town... Cascais, west of Lisbon on the ocean. I remember a very tall bridge across a river in Lisbon. On the south shore was a very tall statue of Christ like the one in Brazil.
You are 100% right!
My parents house is 10km from Cascais and before i moved to the farm i was living 3km away from that Christ statue.

Welcome to the neighborhood!
My sis in law and bro in law love Portugal and she has been working on learning Portugese for the past year. They live here in the U.S. but travel cheaply out of the country as often as they can. They had a trip planned to Portugal again for this spring. Hopefully they'll make it back there soon.

Welcome to the neighborhood!
My sis in law and bro in law love Portugal and she has been working on learning Portugese for the past year. They live here in the U.S. but travel cheaply out of the country as often as they can. They had a trip planned to Portugal again for this spring. Hopefully they'll make it back there soon.
Nice!
If they need any advice let me know.

Welcome, farmer. We consider farmers to be Very Important People.

Measuring your land in square meters makes for much bigger numbers than the acre system we still use in the US. I'm going to have to convert my 2/3rds of an acre into square meters. Never been able to make casual reference to my "back 40", maybe this will help.

Green red wine. Sounds . . . interesting.

Welcome, farmer. We consider farmers to be Very Important People.

Measuring your land in square meters makes for much bigger numbers than the acre system we still use in the US. I'm going to have to convert my 2/3rds of an acre into square meters. Never been able to make casual reference to my "back 40", maybe this will help.

Green red wine. Sounds . . . interesting.
Hello!

I'm not 100% sure of what i'm about to say.

In almost every europeans countries we use the metric system.

We use the unit 1 meter the same way you use the 1 foot or feet (i never understood the difference, probably 2 words for the same meaning, correct me please.) This measures are to measure both linear or squares.

Then we use 1 hectare the same way you use the 1 acre. This measures are to measure only squares

1m = 3,2808399 ft

1 hectare =10.000m2 = 2.47 acres

So my farm is 15.000m2 or 1.5 hectare or 3.71acres or 161458.7ft²

Hope i'm right...

Last edited:
Hello!

I'm not 100% sure of what i'm about to say.

In almost every europeans countries we use the metric system.

We use the unit 1 meter the same way you use the 1 foot or feet (i never understood the difference, probably 2 words for the same meaning, correct me please.) This measures are to measure both linear or squares.

Then we use 1 hectare the same way you use the 1 acre. This measures are to measure only squares

1m = 3,2808399 ft

1 hectare =10.000m2 = 2.47 acres

So my farm is 15.000m2 or 1.5 hectare or 3.71acres or 161458.7ft²

Hope i'm right...

Thanks, Crazy, now I don't have to do the math. :Thankyou:

I told a Canadian friend of mine that we use the imperial system because we can count past 10 without taking our shoes off. That and we have been to the moon.

Welcome from Wisconsin. I only can really speak English so you already have me beat at any language. Sounds like my dream one day.

Latest posts

Back