Hello from Washington state

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustMe

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
New here, but not to the homesteading idea. I've gardened, canned or otherwise preserved foods for many years and started raising a few chickens about 12 years ago for both meat & eggs and even tried turkeys a couple of times all on about 1/4 acre lot. Sometimes to my neighbors dismay. I also have 2 dogs (1 is senior) and a cat that bosses everyone around. I also have 3 adult sons, 2 of which still live at home trying to keep Mom (me) out of trouble.

My dream has always been to have a larger plot of land and be more self sustainable, but due to age and health I do what I can with what I have as old school as I can. Being a widow in my 60's, I've learned a few things and I'm always open to learning more. From what I've seen so far, I'm glad to be here.

Welcome from Alaska! I look forward to your posts!

Welcome from "The Great State of Alaska".

Hello and welcome from a former Washingtonian now living in S.W. Oregon, you've come to a very good place, great info and good people, just don't look too far in my past, but I'm trying to be a better person with whatever time I have left.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes

Glad to see so many from WA. I was born & raised in the Puget Sound area, as was both my parents and so were my kids. It's home,....just don't like what it's become.
I saw that going on in the 60's and that's why I left. Ballard is where the government locks are to get from Puget Sound into Lake Washington.

We moved from Black Diamond after 26 years and back to the sane side.
I can't believe I used to commute to downtown Seattle every day.

Hometown was Auburn, then moved to Olympia for a few years and now in the Tacoma area. While I am used to and love everything else about it, there's just something about crossing the mountains to the eastside. I really like the north central highlands and would have loved moving there, but hubby was more worried about a job and conveniences. Now that he's passed, I'm kinda stuck here, but also see the neccessity of having those things close by.

And to make it clear, I had wanted to be as far away from civilization as anybody can get. Now that's not possible.

Back