Hello from Western Wa.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrianroll

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Greetings everyone! This place looks like a good place to glean some info! Maybe I can give some advice as well?? ....we'll see HAHA. Right now I'm On 5 Acres, good enough for now, got a dog, chickens, a garden, and alot of projects...some work, some fun. Alrighty, time to turn in, be back soon! Thanks for having me.....

A warm welcome from Alaska!

Thank you everyone!

I'm a bit too far from it....lots of hills....
I can often see the olympic national parks mountains though. Mountains north and ocean to the west!
Hello and welcome. I grew up seeing the Olympic mountains from Erland's Point on Dyes Inlet, a large bay just a few miles north of Bremerton, when the snow was all gone we knew we could go fishing in the mountain lakes. When I got into my mid 20's, I really hated the politics and went on the road for a short while, ending up at my mom and stepdads home just north and east of Denver, about the only thing I miss from living in Washington is the rivers, lakes and the salt water fishing. To me living in Seattle was like living in hell, our paradise is out here in the woods of S.W. Oregon.

Oof...thankfully I'm not in Seattle lol! I lived in Everett And commuted to Seattle for one year then moved back to the beach. I'm near Ocean Shores...its a fairly busy tourist destination. I'm 1/2 hour from Quinault...a fantastic hiking area, and 10 minutes from the beach, surrounded by forests...beautiful place.

It's not too bad if you drive the backroads and shop on weekdays lol. I have no need to go there, a buddy lives just outside the entrance and it sucks getting In and out of his driveway. I love the dark grey winters, great for beach hikes, bad for clam digging!

It's not too bad if you drive the backroads and shop on weekdays lol. I have no need to go there, a buddy lives just outside the entrance and it sucks getting In and out of his driveway. I love the dark grey winters, great for beach hikes, bad for clam digging!
When my friends and I dug clams, it was according to certain months of the year, no clams in months with an R in them, this often coincided with Red Tides when all shell fish were not good to eat. Now days I watch cooking shows on PBS and they are eating raw fish and raw clams, if we had done that in our growing up days, we would have gotten very sick, that was in the 50's and 60's, my guess is that those bays and beaches are far less polluted than now, we knew that clams and oysters were cleaners of the water, if they weren't there the bays would be so polluted that you couldn't get near them for the stink.

Reactions: Neb
I am shamefully late to this thread, but just wanted to say that I'm glad to see your posts and looking forward to more!

Latest posts

Back