Hello trying to learn all i can before i go homestead

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to this forum.

It is endless learning........My best advice is choosing the property wisely, then just start living it and learn as you go.

Last edited:
Welcome from Alaska!

Welcome! Lots of good info and ideas here!

Welcome!
I suggest going to the library of congress and downloading as many PDF files as possible on the subject and cram a kindle full!

Hello and a warm welcome from S.W.Oregon, I've been on this planet for nearly 80 years" and I'm still learning, I kind of like the old saying, "The more I know, the more I know that I don't know." There are still tons of things I need to know and as far as I'm concerned, this is a good place to find those things out.

Hello from montana where there are places with no internet. The public library in the town you go to for supplies becomes a welcome source of info on line and in print. We have internet but have stepped up our copying of pertinent info.
If you want to learn about gardening, preserving, chickens, generator repair, solar power including well pumps, or welding stop by and help in the garden and stay in one of our motorhomes....
DSC04056.JPG

Before you buy anything make SURE to have good solar exposure if your on any kind of hilly terrain IE facing south in the northern hemisphere.

Next in importance is water you MUST have ready access to more than one water source.

I hope you started in about 1980? lol jk

Sorry to say but what Camelot has posted is pretty close to the truth, on the other hand, do what you can do, it's far better than just standing around with your hands in your pockets saying whoe is me, these prices are crazy, do what you can while you can. The thing is, some of us here where blest with foresight and discernment, we saw things coming years ago, not to mention we were also laughed at and ridiculed along the way. It does kind of take our breath away to see the prices of some of the prepper foods and supplies better than doubled, let alone the price of diesel and gasoline being jacked up so high.

I got started about that time. they made us watch "threads" and "the day after" at school and we all freaked out and the grade levels dropped like a rock. why try if we're going to die? we'll get our kicks now. and another hopeless welfare city was born.
I determined I was going to survive, I was raised with canning food and farming anyway.

Greetings from far north west Canada...

Listing a general location, or at least a growing zone makes it easier to understand the things you post about... For instance, we are zone 2 in the far north...

Latest posts

Back