Hello

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountrySweet

New Friend
Neighbor
Hi, I'm kind of new to this and most of my knowledge comes from books right now. I thought this would be a nice place to get ideas, chat with likeminded people, and learn more of course. I guess I don't really bring much to the table right now, except an eagerness to learn. I love the idea of homesteading and being self-sufficient! My goal is to raise dairy goats, use their milk for soap, and maybe make a small business out of it? I really like the Nigerian Dwarf breed of goats personally. More about me I guess would be that I'm in my mid 20's, I grew up a small-town girl, I love animals of most shapes and sizes haha... I hope I'll be welcome here and maybe make a friend or two. Thank you for reading!

Welcome from Alaska!

Welcome from ALASKA. Feel totally invited to ask questions. A lot of experienced members here.

Countrysweet,
Welcome from the SE corner of Washington state. You are about the right age to set a goal of getting a homestead and working it.

Hello and a warm welcome from out in the woods of S.W. Oregon. This is a good site to come to, good people with lots of great information to pass on. Never worry where you are starting in your preparations, that you have started is what counts, just understanding that you have to do something makes you ahead of the game, the majority of the world has no clue, even our son seems to be in the dark, one time he told us,"We, his girlfriend and him, know what you are talking about, we just don't want it to happen." Anyway, all the best to you, may you succeed at all you put your hands to do. And yes, we're a bit gray here, I'm turning 80 next month.

Hello and a warm welcome from out in the woods of S.W. Oregon. This is a good site to come to, good people with lots of great information to pass on. Never worry where you are starting in your preparations, that you have started is what counts, just understanding that you have to do something makes you ahead of the game, the majority of the world has no clue, even our son seems to be in the dark, one time he told us,"We, his girlfriend and him, know what you are talking about, we just don't want it to happen." Anyway, all the best to you, may you succeed at all you put your hands to do. And yes, we're a bit gray here, I'm turning 80 next month.
Another October birthday!!😃

Hello from the beautifull rocky mountains of montana. The frost nipped the squash plants about a week ago but the more protected garden is still growing and ripening. Have you thought of chickens? I started 13 of them this spring and they are about ready to lay brown and easter egg colored eggs (I got a variety). I have raised chickens since they were called dinosaurs. Our friend in NM raises goats and does the cheese and soap and loves it.
I do generators, rototillers etc and small engines if you have questions.
Find a few like minded folks where you are and do the homesteading thing sooner rather than later, times are changing. If you know anyone wanting to move to montana send them our way, we have stuff just need people who can work.

Latest posts

Back