Help,Newborn Stomach Problems

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Daughter is having a fit with her 4 grandkids. Newborn has gas and I think it is the formular.

Baby is 3 1/2 weeks. I told her we used Carnation,Karo and boiled or sterile water or breast fed them. But like everything else can milk is not what it use to be so what do you think? I'm sure the Karo is GMO now too.
he is pitching a fit and my granddaughter has to work. So daughter is having hot flashes and screaming newborn. I never had problems since I breast fed all of mine but I did have to bottle my sister.
Maybe a little baby food?

No, no baby food yet. My daughter in law's baby couldn't nurse right. They switched her to powdered formula with bad results. I suggested using the liquid formula and she did very well with that.
I forget if it called for adding water. If it is ready to eat, water cannot be added as the nutrients are specifically measured for ready to eat.
When refrigerated it must be warmed a little for feeding.
By the time baby is 6 mos. she can probably switch to powdered formula.
Sorry about the chaos. I breast fed all of my kids too and it is much easier and cheaper, as you well know!
I've heard goat milk is a good one for babies but I don't know about for newborns.

Baby food would not be a good idea - 3 1/2 weeks is not old enough to properly digest it. Is she using formula for the baby? Maybe she needs to try a different type- soy based versus milk based? In any case, if baby is not taking formula and is screaming a lot, they need to visit the pediatrician. It could be colic, but there are other things it could be as well, and the pediatrician is the best person to make that determination.

That was my next suggestion, calling for an appointment with the pediatrician.
One of mine went to formula at 6 mos., had to switch to soy-based.

No, no baby food yet. My daughter in law's baby couldn't nurse right. They switched her to powdered formula with bad results. I suggested using the liquid formula and she did very well with that.
I forget if it called for adding water. If it is ready to eat, water cannot be added as the nutrients are specifically measured for ready to eat.
When refrigerated it must be warmed a little for feeding.
By the time baby is 6 mos. she can probably switch to powdered formula.
Sorry about the chaos. I breast fed all of my kids too and it is much easier and cheaper, as you well know!
I've heard goat milk is a good one for babies but I don't know about for newborns.

Thanks Patch, May be the new formula they changed him to .

Baby food would not be a good idea - 3 1/2 weeks is not old enough to properly digest it. Is she using formula for the baby? Maybe she needs to try a different type- soy based versus milk based? In any case, if baby is not taking formula and is screaming a lot, they need to visit the pediatrician. It could be colic, but there are other things it could be as well, and the pediatrician is the best person to make that determination.

Dr.Pep, Yes I think she is using soy based now and not sure what they started him off on. She said the baby gas smells terrible and that is not normal, but when he passes it he stops crying. But then gases up again after eating.
I have a couple grandaughters who just don't get it!!! One is in jail and the other one has 4 kids by a sorry man who won't work, so my daughter is really having it rough. So the mother has to leave the kids to work or be thrown out of apt. Comes a time when you have to stop blaming the sorry sob and start blaming the foolish daughter, we are both very frustrated with this BS.
You can't let the hit bottom of addiction to bad man because innocent kids are invovlved. I told my granddughter the elevator with this jerk goes all the way to hell ,which floor do you want off on. She should have been fixed after number 2. And I love these little babies but damn!

This society is not kid safe anymore. So I left message with daughter to take him to ER or dr. I think it may be colic too. She will call soon as the baby stops screaming I guess.Plus the other 3 are kinda wild too and she has all 4 today whiel daughter keeps job..Oldest is 6 now. other two are toddlers and then the newborn. We have 12 or 13 greatgrands and most are fine,thank goodness.

Meerkat!!!! Listen to the knowledgeable person (Dr Pepper)!!!!!!

P.S. Isn't this a decision the mother and the father should be making?

Yes I did and left message with daughter to take him to dr.

Father is a party boy and mother is addicted to him, her first love and father of the kids. So not that wise. Kids are innocent so can't let them learn lesson when kids involved.

I'll get back after talking to her. I also have been reading on line since things are so different now.
I know when I breastfed mien I did give them some cereal just forgot what age but seemed fairly early. I know some cut larger hole in bottles and gave them cereal in them. Mine never had a bottle went from breast to baby food and table food mashed up.

A picture of him and his 2 yr old sister taken 2 days ago. Both June babies .

7VkIX8W.jpg

The powder based was harder for sensitive stomach to digest even though it is not as expensive as ready to eat. What about WIC program to help?
Good luck. So sorry.

The powder based was harder for sensitive stomach to digest even though it is not as expensive as ready to eat. What about WIC program to help?
Good luck. So sorry.

it isn't colic, passing air good from both ends. it seems it is the formula.
He was on Whey, milk protein that seems to upset stomach. Gerber Gentles I think it was. He burps fine.

So she bought Similac Essential's and he is doing better. first ingredient is CORN SYRUP,milk next. That surprised me that corn syrup was main ingredient.

I know we used Karo corn syrup and cream with bottle fed babies back in the 1960s ,70s.

Latest posts

Back