Herbal Tea/Coffee Alternatives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABR

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Fall of 2021 I went 100% caffeine free for health reasons. Before that I was an avid coffee drinker, not specifically for the caffeine but I just truly love the taste of coffee. That said, I have since come to enjoy herbal teas. I have a few favorites but I'm always looking for new ones to try.

What's y'alls go-to herbal tea or caffeine-free coffee alternatives? Do you prefer bagged, loose leaf or mix your own?

Chaga tea. Some good posts on this forum on Chaga.

@ABR I will post the link to my favorite teas. My favorite is a black tea / herbal blend called NW cafe. There are lots of caf. free teas also. Persian Red is yummy. I haven't had one of their teas that I don't like. They are wonderful people and do a good job.
If you do order, tell them their biggest cheerleader referred you 😊 It's become a bit of a joke since I've sent multiple folks their direction. Not sure what sorts of flavors you like, but take a gander through the options.
https://www.hummtea.com/

I’ll use herbal teas loose or a bag. My favorite brands are Alvita, Celestial Seasonings, I heard there are political grumbling about that one, Yogi, Traditional Medicinals, and another one in a white box.
Red raspberry leaf is excellent for women, it tastes almost like regular tea. Peppermint tea. Horsetail grass tea. Oat straw tea, both good for calcium and helpful for falling asleep faster. The prices of herbal teas has increased to a ridiculous level. I like throat comfort and throat coat when feeling sickly. Totally love Bengal Spice. When I’ve been really sick or when I had young ‘uns around, I’d use some of these and a few other teas and blend them together. None of these have caffeine. I really don’t care for camomile. I always use honey to sweeten my tea.
Morning Thunder was a good one but it has caffeine and I don’t drink that one anymore.

Have you ever had roasted barley tea (mugi-cha)? It’s not coffee, but it’s very definitely toasty and not sweet. Soba-cha (roasted buckwheat tea) is tasty too, but harder to find, though I think it’s likely you could get both at an Asian grocery.

I get most of my tisanes from a local company, English Tealeaves. I can highly recommend their Apple Almond Crisp (fantastic hot in the winter), Peach Apricot (fantastic iced in the summer, still good in the winter), and Cloud Catcher (cherry-coconut, delicious hot or iced).

This is one of my favorites. I like chai tea and this is close to that. Celestial Seasonings had a chai tea for several years and then I couldn't find it anymore.
Do you mean this....
1697201273681.jpeg

I didn't know Tim Horton made instant coffee!😉
== ==
Oh yes they do... To me there instant coffee isn't anything special.. It can be hard to find and a bit expensive compared to other brands.. In my mix I just use cheap store brand or what is on sale.. More than good enough..

Latest posts

Back