Heroes and Heroines

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have wanted to start a thread for a long time for heroes and heroines, real people who have done heroic acts. These can be people we know or have known; people we've never known until their actions came to our attention; and they can be people that most of the world will never know or known about. These can be military heroes, law enforcement heroes, on the scene people who sprung into action, or anyone who stepped up as needed. It could be your father, your mother, or other family member. They could be your hero, someone else's or many people's heroes.

Let's honor people whose actions we admire with a little about them and what they did that was heroic. Pictures would be great, if we can find them and if it doesn't get in the way of our privacy.

Last edited:
I'll have to think about this one Weedy. My son and hubby are two of mine plus my daughters too.
And many of our soldiers have been heros.

Also some of the people who speak out today with truth most ignore or are afraid to agree with even if they do agree.

My husband's older brother told my husband that he (my husband) was his hero. Why? He quit partying completely, had a beautiful family and wife for many years, worked hard, and stayed out of trouble. He was a great example to him of what he could have done with his own life. It gave him hope that there is still good in the world.

My husband's older brother told my husband that he (my husband) was his hero. Why? He quit partying completely, had a beautiful family and wife for many years, worked hard, and stayed out of trouble. He was a great example to him of what he could have done with his own life. It gave him hope that there is still good in the world.

How sweet Patch. From what I read you both were lucky to have each other.:huggs:

I'm one of those that think the term hero is widely misused. Ball players and actors are called heros. NO they are not heroes. All military members past and present are not heroes. I served and I am no hero.
Personal heroes are another thing altogether. My Grandparents and my Parents were my heroes. They did what had to be done to eak out a living and raise their children.

Heroes definition, a person noted for courageous acts or nobility of character:

heroes.jpg

Chris Kyle was a true hero. While I really like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood I don't think of them as heroes. Fine actors and upstanding men but that's about it.

By the definition they were heros. To kick against the pricks in HollyHood is a brave and courageuos thing and imo shows lots of character to be your own person.

Latest posts

Back