Hey hey hey from Southeastern PA!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eldoroda68

Home to the Country
Neighbor
Hi All,
Finally going from dreaming about it to doing it, the first steps of it anyway. Im closing up my 3br (rental) house and moving self, son (age15), dog and 2 cats into my RV to live in it on my friends' place and help them take care of it. The point originally to save for my own place but I am hoping it will be more than that: a chance to learn land stewardship skills before taking on all that responsibility of the mortgage. Seems like they are willing to let me pretty much do what I want up in my little corner as long as Im helpful to them. Most think Im nuts for doing this but I guess we'll just have to see.
The learning curve will be steep so Ill be having a lot of questions. Im sure yall can handle it!

Welcome from Alaska. There is a bit of knowledge floating around here that we would love to share. I expect you will have a bit to share with us as well.

Ok I will probably take that to heart and ask some crazy off the wall question tjat will have youall shaking your heads.
The adventure begins with my "tipsy mechanic" ( an old buddy of mine I brought in from Az who is a master "everything" to help me set up my rig) and my adult daughter almost duking it out in my living room tonight. Oh boy. Took her for a ride, calmed her down, made nice with him over the phone....final result: everything is moved up a day so he can hurry up and get the freak back to the desert where he belongs.
Its an '86 and its going up to the farm to.orrow. the site is up on a hill. Oh geez. I must be crazy.
Thanks All for a warm welcome.

Yeah, us desert dwellers can be a bit unsocial. Okay a lot unsocial but we be entertaining, just ask the folks. Okay don't ask the folks, especially the Snowman (Flight) or that helo pilot HAL okay it's really Venom Jockey. They tell stories something awful.

Hey Mon! Welcome to the forum. Lotsa good folks on here just itchin fer a chance to help and offer advice. Beware of a not so few leg-pulled tho. They be sly ones! Lol

CcY4rAoW0AAgWki.jpg

Former fulltime RVer here. 12 years or so. Hurricane Katrina put us in an RV. Stayed until we found a home in a place we wanted to be. Still have the RV but hoping to sell it since we now own a house to live in.

Hey, if you aren't already a part of it, you might consider joining the chat forums at rvnetwork.com. It's the Escapees club and mostly fulltimers or former fulltimers. They're a wealth of information and most any RV type problem you're likely to have, they've been through. Like any group, there are a few snippy ones, but most are quite warm-hearted and helpful folks.

Grew up in good ol' Lancaster county, PA myself. Even spent a few summers in the RV parked in my parents' back yard a few years back. Discovered we really like Tennessee and settled near a little town called Deer Lodge. So far, seems to be a good place to call home. Challenging at times, with poor soil trying to raise us some vegetables, but we're making an effort to make it better. Good people. Pretty good weather. Quiet. Pretty low cost of living. Life is pretty good. :)

Welcome to the forum from NE Alabama!

Oops. I already said that! Lol

Attachments

• that-look-you-e4b8hn.jpg
    that-look-you-e4b8hn.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 77
Hello and welcome to here! We are a really helpful bunch, so don't be bashful about picking our brains, lol We are glad to help!
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Last edited:
Welcome to our world here! Glad to have you join us! I am sure your questions have been asked by all of us at some time in our journey to this life. Ask away!

howdy from a east Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic

Latest posts

Back