Hey Preppers.....ya feelin' pretty smart right about now?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Urban on that one, being spiritually prompted. That's how I started living how I live now, feeling that quite possibly God is showing me that this is the right way to live. So I just listen and do what I'm told. I know Noah was tormented by those around him that did not believe God told him to build an ark. I'm not sure exactly how many years he prepared for the flood, but it was a good chunk of his life. When the rain came and he buttoned it all up, I'm sure he wasn't feeling proud. I'm going to guess that he was feeling "pretty smart about then", and I'm wondering if he was feeling just a little sad that it was happening. I'm thinking that's how I'd feel. Living a prepper lifestyle is a choice that isn't to be taken lightly. We live very simply, and are very plain, not fancy at all. It's obvious when our adult kids come to visit and bring a "friend" along for the week. There's alot of explaining to do.

I truly believe the old saying "God helps those who help themselves"!!! God gave me the brain in my head and I use it!! Being prepared when evil is trying to take over our world is smart and I am glad God gave me the TOOLS TO USE to be prepared! The old analogy, a tornado is coming, DA stands watching and says God will protect me. Intelligent person says I'm taking shelter, using the brain God gave them!! Being prepared and country living go hand in hand. But even those who do not live in the country can be prepared and use the tools God has given them!! So for all those sitting on their buts living off of someone else, YOU ARE GOING DOWN WITH THE SHIP!! Those of us who have built our boats of preparedness may not pick you up as we sail by you drowning in your ocean!!!

When the rain came and he buttoned it all up, I'm sure he wasn't feeling proud. I'm going to guess that he was feeling "pretty smart about then", and I'm wondering if he was feeling just a little sad that it was happening. I'm thinking that's how I'd feel.
I was thinking the same thing Amish. When the rains came, Noah must've thought, OK, this is it. It's go time! I'm sure the adrenaline was pumping like crazy until the family was on board and the hatches were sealed. Then......there must've been some extreme sadness. Even though he was physically ready, who is really mentally ready to never see your home again as it was before. It would've been like being transported to another world. Imagine thinking 'these few family members around me are the ONLY people I'll ever interact with again on this Earth'. It must've been incredibly lonely. I'm sure the feeling of being right about it all didn't offer him much comfort after the flood.

I was thinking the same thing Amish. When the rains came, Noah must've thought, OK, this is it. It's go time! I'm sure the adrenaline was pumping like crazy until the family was on board and the hatches were sealed. Then......there must've been some extreme sadness. Even though he was physically ready, who is really mentally ready to never see your home again as it was before. It would've been like being transported to another world. Imagine thinking 'these few family members around me are the ONLY people I'll ever interact with again on this Earth'. It must've been incredibly lonely. I'm sure the feeling of being right about it all didn't offer him much comfort after the flood.
Agree there. He trusted God and knew what was going to happen, but I'm sure it didn't make it any easier knowing all those lives were going to be lost.
Thank you for saying this. I've been feeling it and trying to prepare myself. There are some otherwise good kind people who refuse to "see the light" so to speak. I continue on my journey and am grateful I've been at it a while, but feel sadness knowing so many have not and will suffer for it.

As a youth, I was riding in a car with my sister driving, sitting in the front seat was her best girl friend. There was some construction, but she was just driving like 40 and talking away with her friend. I saw a red light up ahead and said, "Stop Light!", she just kept driving and talking, I repeated, "STOP LIGHT!!", still no response, I tightened my seat belt and screamed, "STOP", as we hit the car in front of us.

My point/lesson we may all have the signs presented before us, and we have been given strong promptings to act, but until we are willing to respond to the call to action we are destined to experience a crash.

From a global perspective I feel that we are doing 90 and I can read the license plate of the car that is parked ahead of us. Hold on....

Back