Hi and good day homesteaders

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Egan

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I live in mid Missouri now and plan to move to southern Mo. and build an off grid homestead on 60 raw acres in the Ozarks. I plan to document everything on video Via my youtube channel (Little beaver Creek Homestead) I plan to build a pallet cob house, spring development for a water source, a log cabin, outdoor kitchen with cob oven, cob rocket stove, and I plan to another build a natural swimming pond too, I have a video on the one I have here in mid Mo I built for around $600.
I plan on income from livestock, a sawmill and gardening and by living a frugal life style. I have recently discovered tree syruping and I think I'm hooked.
I love to re-purpose things Like making a canoe out of a plastic barrel and a portable shower made from two 250 gal. IBC totes. I just don't think I capable of thinking inside the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum @William Egan from Australia. I hope you get everything accomplished that you plan and be aware it can and usually is a lot of hard work to be a homesteader but my DH and I love the lifestyle. So much better than buying everything and thinking laterally or outside the box certainly helps and saves you a lot of money.

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have some big plans. That's good.
I have a Grandson in Knob Noster and when I visited years ago it seems like a place I could move to. Except for those tornadoes. One was enough to last me a life time and it only got within 5 miles of us.

Yes they can be very scary at times, I got cought out in one deer hunting one time.

Welcome from Alaska. William Egan was our first governor. He passed a long time ago so I'm pretty sure that you are not him.;)
How about that, I'm famous. That is pretty cool though and I'm sure we are not kin. I found an article in an old magazine about pony express riders and there was a Richard Egan who was a young rider and everyone said he looked just like me. Not known to be any kin though, mabe way way back in Ireland .

Welcome to the forum @William Egan from Australia. I hope you get everything accomplished that you plan and be aware it can and usually is a lot of hard work to be a homesteader but my DH and I love the lifestyle. So much better than buying everything and thinking laterally or outside the box certainly helps and saves you a lot of money.

Wow Australia, always wanted to visit there. Well I was raised on a farm, served 4 years in the Marines, built the house I'm living in, and I do want to be a homesteader. I still haven't learned nothen yet, I do everything the hard way

Sounds like you had a good background being raised on a farm so you will know quite a bit from your upbringing :) and your building skills will always come in handy too.

Learning everything is "the hard way" @William Egan you will have failed trials but then we all learn from our failures better ways of doing things as it is all after all trial and error, reading and learning on your feet. My DH is ex army and I a previous beef cattle farmer owner so between us we can build most things too in what we call a country sort of way :D .

Sounds like you had a good background being raised on a farm so you will know quite a bit from your upbringing :) and your building skills will always come in handy too.

Learning everything is "the hard way" @William Egan you will have failed trials but then we all learn from our failures better ways of doing things as it is all after all trial and error, reading and learning on your feet. My DH is ex army and I a previous beef cattle farmer owner so between us we can build most things too in what we call a country sort of way :D .

A country boy can survive!

You are not learning how to do things the hard way but rather how to them easier.

I live in mid Missouri now and plan to move to southern Mo. and build an off grid homestead on 60 raw acres in the Ozarks. I plan to document everything on video Via my youtube channel (Little beaver Creek Homestead) I plan to build a pallet cob house, spring development for a water source, a log cabin, outdoor kitchen with cob oven, cob rocket stove, and I plan to another build a natural swimming pond too, I have a video on the one I have here in mid Mo I built for around $600.
I plan on income from livestock, a sawmill and gardening and by living a frugal life style. I have recently discovered tree syruping and I think I'm hooked.
I love to re-purpose things Like making a canoe out of a plastic barrel and a portable shower made from two 250 gal. IBC totes. I just don't think I capable of thinking inside the box.

Sounds like a good plan. And I'm late in welcoming you since I took a little break fro chores,etc,etc,etc,.
So here it is,

:welcome:

Back