Hi everyone!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teresab

New Friend
Neighbor
I joined a while ago but haven't been on much but with all the crap on Facebook now, I'll be here more.
A bit about myself... We'll, I've been a homesteading type all of my life. I grew up in the Allegheny National forest area and have lived in Pennsylvania all my life. My husband is getting ready to retire. Our youngest son is graduating highschool in June and our oldest has been in the Air Force almost 2 years.
We will be selling our place before long and have already bought a tiny house (400 sq ft)on a tiny piece of property.
I look forward to getting to know you all!

I joined a while ago but haven't been on much but with all the crap on Facebook now, I'll be here more.
A bit about myself... We'll, I've been a homesteading type all of my life. I grew up in the Allegheny National forest area and have lived in Pennsylvania all my life. My husband is getting ready to retire. Our youngest son is graduating highschool in June and our oldest has been in the Air Force almost 2 years.
We will be selling our place before long and have already bought a tiny house (400 sq ft)on a tiny piece of property.
Welcome Back @Teresab
Making the transition to retirement and downsizing at the same time are major events that can be very stressful.
Love your Cardinal, wife's favorite bird...

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon, wife, son and I lived in a 17', minis 3' for the tongue, trailer, with two sheds built on for 17 years while putting things together for a home and water system. Composting toilets are a good thing, we thought about that, but cost and availability were issues at the time, now there are compact to large systems available. I look back now and wonder how we were able to get all the things done that we did. In the early 80's I could throw a 94 pound sack of cement, for building our 1,100 gallon cistern, on my shoulder and walk to the top of our property, in 2019 I picked up 90 pound sacks of redi-mix cement to build a solar array and I thought I'd never get it done. So the moral of this story is, get it done while you're still young, being 78 does make things a bit harder, also get as much as you can now, even building supplies are becoming harder to find and much more expensive. I look back now and wish I'd bought two or more high quality sink and tub valves, after over 24 years of use, even the best I could get are going bad. You have come to a very good place, good people and tons of info.

Welcome to the neighborhood!!!

Welcome to here! It's a good place to take refuge from Facebook Facebutt.

Good place, good folks, and lots of good topics!

Tere ,have you moved yet?

Welcome from straight across the nation (WA). We downsized about 2 years ago now though not that small - loving it! Not retired yet, but looking forward to it someday :)

Latest posts

Back