Hi from Central PA

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from the "Great" State of Alaska. (You know me as Sourdough).

Thanks all! Well about me, I'm a Dad of 5 from 16 down to 3 so that keeps me hopping. Grew up rural in western PA in a "homesteading lifestyle", though we just called it life, I didn't know at the time it had a fancy name. I'm an engineer and work in manufacturing. My family and I moved back to PA about 9 years ago after living in SC and VA for some years. We live in a pretty rural area of PA in a small farming town (Mrs. hometown) that is pretty heavy with dairy farms, chicken houses, Amish and Mennonite families and where people are for the most part pretty self reliant. I'm a Navy vet (Seabees) and an Eagle Scout that is now trying to lead my 6 & 7 year old boys thru the trials and tribulations of being Cub Scouts while trying to get all of my kids to understand what it means to feed themselves, be it from the garden or understanding where their burger, chicken leg or eggs and bacon come from. I'm also trying to instill in them and teach them to learn to do things for themselves. My Mrs, well she is less enthused in my pursuits (she was raised in town) so that can be a challenge at times. I lean towards a preparedness lifestyle and believe in being ready for what life throws at me. So there is my 60 second elevator pitch.

Aaaaccckkk! I am late to the party!

I'm so glad you made your way here, Country Guy. I have enjoyed your posts for some time, and am tickled that I will get to see more of them. I like the way you think...because they make ME think, lol.

What's up CG? I joined about a month after you did, so I am even later to the party than GA. So far I like it here better than the other place. Hope all is well with you.

Back