hi from jazzy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
hi, ive been a member for long time but dont post. im severely vision impaired being legally blind with peripheral vision left and some vestibular damage. got to use text to speech and other aids to maneuver. im not looking for pity, i get by. just looking for a place i can be accepted despite my disabilities and not be mocked or criticized for my posting style or errors because of my limitations. i try to do things right but often can make typos and mistakes in a post and i apologixe. .

in late 60s, a homesteader, herbalist, got chickens and dogs and veggie gardens up in the mountains in CO. i really enjoy learning from people, discussing news, sharing ideas on doing things and laughing at the stupid stuff in life. God is always good.

jazzy

Welcome to this forum. I am in the process of going blind.......and would massively appreciate, if you would do some threads on sources of information for people in the process of going blind. I am totally clueless as to what is available to assist, as this disease progresses. Thank you in advance.

Hello Jazzy, fellow herbalist here! We have much in common...

I, too, am battling vision problems. I have macular degeneration and glaucoma, which is treatment-resistant, according to my doc. Like Sourdough, I am going blind, too. So, you have good company!

I am grateful for computers! I can make the print as large as I want it. Also, the Grammarly app helps to catch most of my grosser mistakes. It is a free (or paid platform if you need enhanced functions).

One of my favorite herbalists in the world is right here in this forum. You will enjoy Peanut's many "boots-in-the-field" photos that he posts about the herbs that he talks about! Reading his posts will remind you of Tommie Bass...with a college education, lol.

I hope you hang around!

Last edited:
I remember you from before, Jazzy. Good to see you and hope you are well. I too live in Colorado. If I remember correctly, you are into medical marijuana. Please correct me if I am wrong.

hi there.
yes, i remember! how are you? and yes, i used cannabis to treat my stage II breast cancer successfully and for for fibromyalgia pain. made properly there is no high at all, just pain relief. i have many differetn cannabis and other herbal recipes on my little blog for anyone to make their own including CBD. not a smoker but every day i take some oil capsules for pain relief and at night i still take the cancer ones. stuff works

im up in the mountains , closest town is westcliffe. nice and quiet, but antifa was bused in 2X to town to march and let us know how terrible us hillbillies were. they got run off the 2nd time.

hope you are well!

jazzy

Welcome to this forum. I am in the process of going blind.......and would massively appreciate, if you would do some threads on sources of information for people in the process of going blind. I am totally clueless as to what is available to assist, as this disease progresses. Thank you in advance.

im so sorry---may i ask what you have? ive got wet macualr degeneration and cataracts in both eyes and got mostly just peripheral vision left. it sucks. id be glad to start a threat on things i do to try to deal with it and things i take for help. hollar at me any time if you ever want to talk, it is not easy to deal with, lots of little issues all rolled up in to one big one..
will be praying for ya that you find the right things to help you

jazzy.

Is there is a spelling error on the initial thread topic, us admins and mods will usually just correct it, to help in future Google searches. If there is misspelling in the body of the post, normally the member can edit this themselves for awhile, but if you can't edit it, and want to, just send any of us working behind the scenes a message.

Hello Jazzy, fellow herbalist here! We have much in common...

I, too, am battling vision problems. I have macular degeneration and glaucoma, which is treatment-resistant, according to my doc. Like Sourdough, I am going blind, too. So, you have good company!

I am grateful for computers! I can make the print as large as I want it. Also, the Grammarly app helps to catch most of my grosser mistakes. It is a free (or paid platform if you need enhanced functions).

One of my favorite herbalists in the world is right here in this forum. You will enjoy Peanut's many "boots-in-the-field" photos that he posts about the herbs that he talks about! Reading his posts will remind you of Tommie Bass...with a college education, lol.

I hope you hang around!

thank you for the welcome and im sorry about the vision problems, it sucks big time. but blowing up the screen, having a text to speech sure helps me alot.

i want to say thank you to everyone for your kind welcome, i will try hard to not make too many mistakes and fix if i can.\ i appreciate so much the relief of being accepted despite my physical problems that make me kinda clumsy.

thank you havasu for that edit offer, that is extremely kind.

hi there.
yes, i remember! how are you? and yes, i used cannabis to treat my stage II breast cancer successfully and for for fibromyalgia pain. made properly there is no high at all, just pain relief. i have many differetn cannabis and other herbal recipes on my little blog for anyone to make their own including CBD. not a smoker but every day i take some oil capsules for pain relief and at night i still take the cancer ones. stuff works

im up in the mountains , closest town is westcliffe. nice and quiet, but antifa was bused in 2X to town to march and let us know how terrible us hillbillies were. they got run off the 2nd time.

hope you are well!

jazzy
I have never been too Westcliffe, but have been on 285 from New Mexico north to I-70 and other points. I've been to Joyful Journey Hot Springs close to Moffatt a number of times. That is the closest to you I've probably been.

im so sorry---may i ask what you have? ive got wet macualr degeneration and cataracts in both eyes and got mostly just peripheral vision left. it sucks. id be glad to start a threat on things i do to try to deal with it and things i take for help. hollar at me any time if you ever want to talk, it is not easy to deal with, lots of little issues all rolled up in to one big one..
will be praying for ya that you find the right things to help you

jazzy.

JAZZY.........I am more then happy to answer.........however all positive and helpful information will be near impossible for others in the future to access if it is hidden deep inside an "introduction thread". I request you start a new thread titled something like......"Helpful information about blindness".

What I need the most now is sources of information. I need to learn "what" I will need in the future, to survive this. Where I live now, if I needed help, like urgent emergency help.......they would most likely need a "Mountain Rescue Team" to come extract me.

Translated: No later then next spring or summer I need to move from up on a mountain in deep rural Alaska, to a new location. My most pressing problem is I have no idea what living situation I will need. I need to know what my needs will be, and what options exist for them.

JAZZY.........I am more then happy to answer.........however all positive and helpful information will be near impossible for others in the future to access if it is hidden deep inside an "introduction thread". I request you start a new thread titled something like......"Helpful information about blindness".

What I need the most now is sources of information. I need to learn "what" I will need in the future, to survive this. Where I live now, if I needed help, like urgent emergency help.......they would most likely need a "Mountain Rescue Team" to come extract me.

Translated: No later then next spring or summer I need to move from up on a mountain in deep rural Alaska, to a new location. My most pressing problem is I have no idea what living situation I will need. I need to know what my needs will be, and what options exist for them.

ok good, i will start a thread and chat about different things ive learned that helped.

thank you all. as much as i love the CO mountains, i miss the south. im from memphis. i mis the warm friendly people, the great BBQ and all the fresh GREEN and moisture but not the bugs or heat. lol. sometimes for fun i watch the youtube channel sh*t southern women just to hear the homey accent again and for good laughs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back